Skateboarding Spots in Thatcham, Berkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Thatcham.
- There's a park on a field there, you cna't miss it just drive through thatcham on the main road you'll see it. It's got a quarter leading a nice wide driveway with a rather large grindbox down one side leading to a flatbank.
They've not put a spine or volcano next to that witha quarter on each side but I seem to recall it's wood not metal and not very well built.
Watch out for the usual little shits, still wearing their school uniforms at 9pm, chocolate and mud smeared around their mouths with microscooters sliding on their arses up and down the ramps asking you to do some 'tony awks stuff'. And it gets fucking muddy in winter. Be warned.
- Opposite the Plough pub on the A4.
- There is a nice new set of ramps (etc.)on the green next to the Bluecoat School on A4. Some locals objected, but one old lady customer of mine said she enjoyed watching the children playing from her living room window.
I think all the illegal diggings on Henwick Worthy Field have been flattened by the council now they have built this ramp thingy.
- There's a new but only partially completed park opposite the plough pub......not sure how you get there basically we went through newbury, headed towards thatcham through newbury and we just stumbled upon it.
Another site told us it was wood. It's not. It's red metal.
And slippery since it's on a grassy field and therefore gets dusty. Big flat bank leading to lovely wide driveway which you can just about clear with tricks, huge (1.5ft) grind box all the way across it leading to a 5ft or so quarter.........This was on 16/06/04 and apparantly placns for another flat bank/quarter and volcano/spine? are being planned for soon. What kind of council only half conpletes a park I don't know but I had a damn good skate so it was okay.Not worth trvelling miles for though...........
- Brand new sk8board park (2003/4). Visible on the right, as you approach Thatcham on the A4 from Reading.
- The flats down Pound lane are good but you get yelled at alot.
- Kennet school is a nice spot if you sneak in, plenty of cctv but who cares, just ask for a copy of your footage. nice little gap at the a-z/aplant hire carpark, good for practicing those new tricks on a small gap.whitelands school playground has nice banks all the way round.
- A bike lane ends at the end of the High Street. It is lethal. If the bikes don't get you one of the many invalid carriages that frequent this path will!
- You could try. If you like flat, even surfaces and grass (well, it does make the place bearable, but I'm talking about lawns). There used to be a BMX track, but they built houses on it. Most of Thatcham is made up of housing estates, which leaves little space for anything worth having.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lee Reynolds, stephen walker, Mandy, Nick Young, hannahh, David King, baby1, Andy Smith, rick, Jenna C, peter j green, Sue, HAYDN, ged, al, greg, Jim Cornwell, generic, Annette, kevin o'sullivan, Mark Brookes, stevie, Chad, monkey, Ant, Gemma, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thatcham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thatcham Knowhere Board