The Worst Things in Thatcham, Berkshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Thatcham.
The Worst Things
- cant find out enough local history
- The sezchuan Inn has got too big for it's boots and has forgotten how to look after it's customers.
- High density housing with inadequate infrastructure. e.g. no pubs or community centres in the most heavily populated areas. Litter in coop carpark.
- 80 minutes from Paddington.....
- the fact that most of the older residents are so stuck up, having nothing to do, endless housing estates yet no entertainment, too quiet
- Thatcham is the place that time forgot. A local town for local people (who are fat and wear straw hats)
- they are bulding on all the green feilds around it.
- There are none!
- Long walk to railway station from most of Thatcham
No real nightlife - nothing much for younger residents to do
- Furthere down Lower way is the sewage works! Opposite some new flats. Which silly fools decided to build them there and which silly fools decided to buy them!
- Kids hanging round out side Alldays. The smell of the Chinese van in the Broadway.
- No decent shops, eg good bookstore, record store, games store...
- It's always easy to get a mobile phone. I think this may be responsible for the generally poor taste in music around here.
- Not being able to find the sign posts to the M4
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Lee Reynolds, stephen walker, Mandy, Nick Young, hannahh, David King, baby1, Andy Smith, rick, Jenna C, peter j green, Sue, HAYDN, ged, al, greg, Jim Cornwell, generic, Annette, kevin o'sullivan, Mark Brookes, stevie, Chad, monkey, Ant, Gemma, Steve
Last updated: 2008-03-19
More stuff about Thatcham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thatcham Knowhere Board