Arts, crafts and such in Thurso, Caithness*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Thurso.
Arts, crafts and such
- Durrans is good anything they don't have they will get
- THURSO MUSEUM NEXY TO WOOLIES GOOD FOR A LOOK BACKAT HOW LITTLE WEVE COME FORWARD
- Swanson Gallery(inside Library),has occasional display(Poncey rubbish).
Museum next to Town Hall,(rather appropriate when you see the people that
frequent said hall).Durrans great for craft materials.Hobgoblin equally as
good for Hippy stuff i.e. incense sticks,wind chimes etc.
- allsorts provide a lovely selection with friendly advice and service, wee bitty dear though!!!!!!!!!
- whats art??
- in the liberly, at the back, there is the swanson gallery. not much, a few bits a bobs if you are bored. free entry, but can be quite good.
- Nice shop for bits and bobs...Hobgobblin...I think thats how you spell it????
- The Toll Gallery has some amazing art work and Frank Begg one of the artists is really nice and happy to tell you about the work.
- Hobgoblin. Amazingly weird assortment of everything from lavalamps through XXL skins to Christmas Cards. Get a piercing here!!!!!
- The Thurso museum in the Old Library had a strange collection of objects apparently taken at random from whatever happened to end up on the beach after high tide following a particularly bad shipwreck
- Miss Demeanour for fetish art - see internet-promotions web site.
- Lots of the usual - knitted pastel coloured kiddies clothes, goth's jewellery, wood turning, glassware. Check out Northshore Ceramics in Wick for decent pottery, and there's a shop called Hobgoblin in Thurso which sells all your usual hippy gear and moonbeam wrapping paper, man.
- Thurso Museum, Hobgoblins (mystical, Indian, Incense, Wizards Hats),Glass Creations down by the river.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board