The Best Things in Thurso, Caithness*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Thurso.
The Best Things
- Dunnet head lighthouse
- The amount o kiddies into their sesssions
- The people!
- not much worry about getting mugged an ace crowd of people the lazy police who stay in castletown most of the timethe river to many things to put down
- Theres a standard been set...
- The scenery in the summer time
- DRINK,DRUGS AND SEX
- JOHNSTONS PIES AND BRIDIES,AND THE ROAD OUT.
- All the people who live in Thurso who want to be here
- thurso fire men!!!
- Good laugh, no major crime and no homeless!
- THE PATHETIC SHARKS F.C THE BEST BUNCH O FOOTBALLERS IN THURSO WHO JUST ENJOY GETTIN E CRACK AND NO TAKIN LIFE TOO SERIOUS!!!!
9FORMALLY KNOWN AS NEWMARKET,ORMLIE MOTORS,CORAL,SAFEWAYS,CO-OP,BUT NOW REBORN AS THE PATHETIC SHARKS.
- THE PATHETIC SHARKS F.C
- THERE ISNT ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS PLACE BELIEVE ME!
- The best thing is getting drunk to forget your in Thurso, and the lack
of prostitutes,(too many good amateurs)
- the road to Wick. nee haha x
- some chil stuart (friends we niall m & john pemby ) mmm....
- Music shop and fit birds
- Nothing beats a Johnsons Peh and Jap cake (dont get japs where I live now :-(, last time i was up there I bought the whole lot!)... is old Ma still about?
- it has really beautiful senery, and (most) of the locals, are really friendly!
- the beach, nice senery, (mostly)nice people. good community
- Not being there
- The loose women, fishing, shooting.
- The recent opening of Lidals supermarket for cheap drink
- Cheap everything.
- Thurso College for attracting all of those slappers from the Highland's rural community.
- The sea, the cliffs, the wide open spaces, the wonderful pace of life, the fact that the police have nothing better to do than catch speeding motorists!
- Johnsons the bakers 3.00am Fri night/Sat morning. Crawl from Skinandis and get hot pies at the back door.
- The best thing about Thurso is without doubt the filthy girls you get there.
Fill a bint with voddie & Coke and she'll perform even the most sorded acts.
- There is nothing wrong with the glebe. I used to live there and the only reason it is shite now is because the LUG's lived there
- Leaving the hellhole at 17 and never, ever coming back, not even to be buried
- What can I say - Thurso is the best place in the world. Don't knock it. Relatively safe - if only they would stop offering housing to antisocial families from the rest of the country. We're used to the psychos we've got - don't want injections of fresh "talent" from doon sooth.
- newmarket bar for a good crack & excellent beer
- THE SURF AT THURSO EAST EXCELLENT FOR SURFING AND JETSKI
- Summer and the weekends.
- The people, the crack, the predominant fresh air. For those interested in motorcycles the great roads and the Caithness Classic Motorcycle Club.
- Thurso has one of the best reef breaks in Europe for Surfing and well worth a mention. There are a lot of good beaches and reef breaks along the North cost to Sandwood Bay.
- Best thing used to be the Station Bar, Princes Street, when excellent real ale was served by two elderly gentlemen in white coats. Still worth a visit to see the collection of old brewery mirrors.
- The best thing is the spectacular coastline.
- Thurso and its surrounding roads has to be the best place in the UK to drive very fast. Great roads with very little traffic, few cops and everyone seems to drive flat out.
- Lowest Chest Cancer rates in UK.
- Cheapest taxis in UK.
- The road south.
- There is a great comedy value to the town. Everywhere you go there is something to make you laugh. The pubs are good enough to get drunk in, and there are plenty of them.
- The peace and tranquillity mixed with the sex and drugs.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2016-03-21
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board