Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Thurso, Caithness*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Thurso.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Jockers is an absolute cretin
- everyone ex
- dj-gregor the mix master genius worse than frantic fred
- not a single person.
- Well the queen mother used to live round here...
- Manson grant and the dinosaurs, Ann MacKevit
- Alan MacIvor The Council Street-sweeper (OUR LOCAL HISTORIAN)
- That dude who started the boys brigade, nuff said!
- THE PATHETIC SHARKS APPEARING ON YOUR TV SCREENS SOON FOLKS OR CHECK OUT THERE WEB SITE ON PATHETICSHARKS.CO.UK
- Mental Minto, ran a gang in the late 70s the YMT. Evil bunch.
- only losers come from Thurso (no offence any of you thurso people who are famous)
- I believe Dr Angus Bancroft was once a resident of Thurso. He is now an eminent sociologist, making his name in quality publications such as FHM and the BMJ. I am one of Dr Bancroft's many lovechidlren who are dotted throughout the Highlands - if you read this please get in touch daddy.
- ANNE MCVITT! inteior desginer who appers in home front, with very bad nails!
- dowpy dan, we salute you. all the teachers that had nervous breakdowns.
- Despy Mackay the "Infamous whistling plasterer" can whistle every tune a set of bagbipes can make and still have time to down a dram and plaserer a wall or two.
The trate was never passed onto the son Machael Mackay (young Despy) hes is the infamous drunken plasterer... who people try not to wave too.
- How about Laurence Begg - I heard he shagged Monica Lewinski!
- 'TC' to be found in The Station Bar or the 'Com' Listen for the loudest voice in the bar and thats him. Every thing you didnt want to know about everything.
- Mr Jack the ex-maths teacher - I see him everywhere, whenever I go home. I'm starting to think that he has been cloned and wanders about various locations: Georgemas Junction, Jim Bews the paper shop, Mount Pleasant, etc. Anyone who can teach all that calculus gobbldeegook deserves a medal, but that doesn't mean I want to see him everywhere.
- No-one's mentioned that Anne Mcevitt(?) bird. You know, the ginge that makes a mess of peoples gardens and toilets in the name of design.
- Leonard "Catboy" Mcimmie - a strange little sod that stares at people for hours on end for no aparent reason
- Whoever said monica lewinsky beat stoogie in an arm wrestle was talking shite because I'm related to him ( not many people will admit that ) and he must be at least 20 years older than her
- These guys are not celebrities they are just a bunch of assholes I know. Rian mcgregor,Chud(I forgot his real name), Dezz(forgot his name too),Andrew Marshall (Biggest sycophant I have ever met) and how could I forget Graeme Scollay (he's a dirty weeker)
- Monica Lewinski lived in Thurso for 4 years with her parents in the late 70`s. Her parents worked at the nearby American Naval base at Forss, while Monica (or fatty as we called her) attended Mt Pleasant primary school. She is well remembered by teachers and pupils alike for her oral skills - she won a few local dialect competitions at the local mod! Also, rumour has it that she bet Stoogie (another local celebrity) at an arm wrestle!
- "In Thurso in 1845 Sir John Sinclair coined the word 'Statistics'. Things have calmed down somewhat since then" - Bill Bryson
- Anne McKevitt - say no more.
- DAVID THE HAMSTER MACGREGOR. Now famous throughout scotland for his disco dancing and footballing skills .the new local hero
- Dowpy Dan. Ask any local about him. Sadly missed by most
- D.Shearer Jnr - Genius and Guitarist of the highest order allegedly sold his soul to Satan for his phenomenal stringed heroics. F.Bain - Brillaint Guitarist and Historian.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2015-08-22
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board