Cheap Food in Thurso, Caithness*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Thurso.
- Le Bistro, have been there a couple of times now (2010) and heartily recommend the food and friendliness of the place. For Le Bistro critics on here, has someone there upset you little child? Didn't they have crayons for you to play with? Always been friendly service, always been lucky to get a seat...
- long time ago but its budges jock your mum and dad were great
- Sandra's everytime for Chips and Cheese after spending the evening in the pub!
- Holborn has amazing food but not if you're skint. Skinandi's kitchen for pies, burgers and chips by far!! Y-Not if you want to eat during the day!
- buy 2 bar meals for £6 every Saturday & Sunday Night
2 bar lunches £6 every day (12 - 2pm)
- chinease -_- go to the upper deck in scrambster for a good meal
- St Clair - lethal for a bar supper
- NOT SANDRA'S U MIGHT GET RAT SHIT IN UR BUTTY
- ROBINS IS....WELL,TRY IT AND MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP.I DON'T LIKE IT,AND HIM EVEN LESS.
- Le Bistro again - tiny portions at atrocious prices. The staff are friendly but the food is high priced. £4 for sandwiches - go next door to Johnstons the Bakers and get them half that price and better! Sadly this establishment has gone downhill won`t be visiting again.
- Went to the ST Clair, Biggest mistake out, crap food, crap service, and the place was something out of the dark ages?? I laughed when they thought I was paying for the CRAP, Bower Inn is Opening Looking forward to that, I know the Chef!!!!!!
- Upper-Deck for steaks the best in the U.K.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SANDY(jockie moose)learned by Teenie his sister
- UPPERDECK STILL CANT BE BEAT FOR STEAKS
- THE LE BISTRO IS SHIT! AND AS FOR THE OWNER HAS SHE EVER HEARD OF GOING ON A DIET! BELIEVE ME SHE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO TREAT HER STAFF ASK KIMBERLY SHE WILL TELL ABOUT IT!
- The Bistro is a small restaurant in Thurso it has good food and the service from the 3 lovely waitresses kerry, nadine and kimberly is terrific but the manageress STUMPY JENNY is far too up herself and needs to learn how to treat others with a little more respect!!!!!!!!
- Robins chippy. Greasy.Robin-ignorant man.Would have preferred to have
been served by the braless, heaving breasted Angie. Known locally as
a mincer.Chips very bad.
Sandras snack bar. Good range but pricey.Not terribly quick service.
- I agree that Sandra's chips are boggin! They are the cheapest bulk frozen variety. If you really want to through up try one of her cheese burgers.
ROBINS-just the best chippy in the world...thanx suzzy xxx.
central/top joes-good chicken fillets.not much of a selection.
the station-if u want to live stay well clear yuck!!!!!!!!!!
the viking bowl/all star factory-good food good selection"stir fry pork"mmm mmm mmm.
the bistro-ok but very expensive
- Brass and Sandras (which is filthy)
- Wilma Cardosis chippie next to Matthew cormacks Mace shop in High Ormlie serves up a mean helping of delicious chips and all the food is cooked to a very high standard.
- Charlie Chans Chinese resturant by da old post office
- J & J S HORNE (Retail)
20 Olrig Street, THURSO, KW14 7JA
Licensed Grocers and Delicatessen Tel: 01847 893349
J & J S HORNE (Retail)
West End Stores, Portskerra, Melvich, KW14 7YL
Licensed Grocers and Newsagents Tel: 01641 531 219
Licensed Grocers and Delicatessen
- sandras, ok(yuk) robins, greasy, chinese, ok. i personlly dont like chinese food, but i have been told by others who do like it, that it is lovly!!!
- Viking Bowl - prices pretty good and food edible, don't expect to get served in a hurry though. The waiting staff believe in making you wait.
St.Clair - prices look reasonable 'till you see the size of the helpings. Is edible though. Quick , friendly service.
Park Hotel - Over-priced and not very good. Staff reasonably efficient.(boy, those waistcoats are awful)
Weigh Inn - hmm.. nice building, nice layout, ok atmosphere. Staff ok.. Prices a bit steep. Watch out for the steak, at least they said it was steak.. I personally thought it was the sole of someone boot. No, that would have been easier to cut and chew.
- Next door to Sandra's Snack bar...good food nice people...Chinese takaway....also a good place is again a Chinese takaway and also a restaurant it is the Old place next to the old Post Office...(lots of old stuff in Thurso)...people call it un-spoilt it is realy know as little progress.
- Le Bistro once again. Spent a lot of time in here during the summer holidays. Imaginative, fresh, tasty food, friendly efficient waitresses - what more could you ask? Free food??? Just get someone else to pay!
- Go to Bews the butcher for excellent meat and grocerys and the crack with Hugh. The best in town!!
- Worst chips in Caithness can be had at Sandra's
- Not the St. Clair - food has gone well down-hill! Le Bistro is pretty good.
- Robins - Best Chip shop on the Planet.
- Hi there, my parents have recently acquired a chinese restaurant in Thurso and I thought it was maybe worth mentioning in your guide, which I found very informative, I'll be going up there next month and I am really looking forward to seeing Thurso face to face!!
- The ONLY place to go to buy a fillet steak is Bews Butchers where there is a bit of a laugh from the butchers, friendly service and brilliant food!
- Cardosi's - not redecorated since rationing ended
Iqbal's Indian resteraunt brought some much needed ethnic colour to the place - now sadly closed along with the single Chinese takeaway
- Le Bistro has apparently gone down hill this year - due to tourists, I believe. Portions have got smaller and food not so good. Will it get back to its excellence after the tourists bugger off? We can only hope so.
- A new place, the beastro, has opened on Traill St across from Cardosis.
- Not bad restaurants if you're after bar meals. A few place do more up-market menus, but all suffer from a great fear of the clock, and close early enough for it to be annoying when you are a tourist and arrive at 9.10pm only to find that you can't get a sit down meal. Unles you are there in July, you will find whole villages shut.
- A new Bistro has opened in town and is very good.
- Big Prestos on the outskirts and the disgusting Co-op ssslaap bang in the centre.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2010-07-06
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board