Cinemas in Thurso, Caithness*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Thurso.
- Cinema no longer exists. No great loss as it was too expensive. Nearest now is Inverness.
- Nearest functioning Cinema is Inverness!
- its actually rather good for thurso
- The bowling alley,(note to ushers in said building - smile - it won`t break you jaw.)
- Only one that puts the good films on at stupid times
- Don't like them
- Pretty good! Comfy seating anyway and good sounds.
- DONT ASK FOR POPCORN IF YOU HAVENT BEEN TO SEE YOUR BANK MANAGER FIRST
- APART FROM THE HOLES IN THE WALLS MADE BY STUART BREMNER AND FRIENDS THE PLACE ISNT THAT BAD AND VAL, PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE!
- The All Star Factory a.k.a. Viking Bowl.Showing the latest films,but still
an expensive trip for a family of 4.It's days are numbered now,(Receivership),
used to be owned by a local Doctor,but this was one patient that he
- only 1 in thurso.it does the job but slow to get the new films
- if u like to be ripped off then thurso cinema is the one for you!!!
- The All star factory by the bowling alley up by thurso college.
- Star Factory
Very new but very quiet - will probably go bust soon.
- cinema, beside the bowling ally.
- Sorry but I ain't paying those prices. I'll wait 6 month and pay £2 for the whole family to see it on video. A big family would have to take out a loan to be able to afford it.
- Fantastic.....Thurso has finally got itself a picture house...modern and quite big ...2 screens and showing all the latest films...worth a visit
- yes.Cinema now open next to viking bowl-2screen and really rather good-shock!!
- Just get a DVD player - you won't have to wait much longer for the latest films, and no worries about someone kicking the back of your seat, unless you have a particularly annoying family.
- Viking Bowl - September 2000 - They promise - Hey wait, didn't they also promise Christmas '98?
- Head south 100 miles or so.
- Thurso has no cinema to speak of although it has the benefit of a travelling cinema which graces Thurso with its presence every so often thurso also has the Viking bowl bowling alley and PUB/Restaurant....
- No cinemas here, and there hasn't been since 1983 when they were shut and made into the County's first 'nightclubs'. I'm afraid Inverness is the nearest cinema.
- There is apparantely a cinema planned to be added to the Bowling Alley
- Inverness is nearest cinema and thats not up to much - suggest you get a video from Bews.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2010-07-04
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board