Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains in Thurso, Caithness*
The more interesting clothing stores
You can tell us more about Thurso.
Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- "Hush" is a lovely boutique. They are great, lovely service, helpful staff.
- tempest the skate shop and buteresses and mcallans are good
- mackays is actually getting better
- the skate/surf shops and mcaleans be best bet
- ALL CRAP-UNLESS THE 70'S IS YOUR BAG.MARONIQUE'S-EVEN THE NAME TELLS YOU NOT TO ENTER!MOST SHOPS CATER FOR THE 50+
- Naa better in the big smoke
- MacAllans and Buttresses are both ok, but if you buy anything here, someone else will be wearing it when you go out.
- Inverness you must head loads of cheap rubbish in Caithness Glasgow is even better
- sullamin makouli (atlanta sports )mr makouli cant be beat for a good crack and his young assisstant ashley is a nice young girl!
- Not much choice of clothing shops really. There's Macallan's or
Buttress',(owned by the wonderfully named Hector),both of which charge
over inflated Inverness prices.If your on a budget(or dole)go to Mackays,
but don't expect 2oo1 fashion.
- whatsits mmm... weeks version way better!!!!!!!!!!! theres a FINE more store 2.
- there is a very limited range of clothes shops in thurso, one f the best-for women- is Buttress, friendly staff good quailty clothes, and that. you can get hats, ties, etc.. too. buttress also sells men clothing down stairs, apparntly there good too, but i wouldnt know! for women, you SHOULDNT shop at mcallens, the staff there are rude, they treat you like dirt, they are only intrested in thin people, the dont stock size 14+!! and they stare at you as if you are about to steal summit!! mackeys is good if you are a + size women. they have a wide range of clothes. sinclars and atlanta sport are the best for sportswear, with sinclers being cheaper.
- All the clothes shops are useless, or is just that no-one has any fashion sense these days? Bring back skin tight jeans (men and womens).
- it is said there are 5 or 6 but this is propaganda of the worst sort. they are not clothes shops but in fact a conspiracy by dark powers to convince the residents of thurso that they need not join the 20th century. I'll say it one more time, a rhino shirt and faded levis does not a wardrobe make. Girls, white lycra? Velvet? Leopard skin? you make the jerry springer white trash ashamed.
- Not much of a choice....the only place for good clothes.....Macallans....(expect to cry when you see the prices though)
- Not a decent one within 100 miles. Just go to Inverness.
- Unless you like tank tops and jeans with an elasticated waist (which after all describes most of the residents' usual dress) clothes shopping is a bit restricted
- Your More Store for the best "tinky" fashions - frequented by AHF - her fave shop, even tho it is on the expensive side, but ideal for crap pressies for family and friends.
- You really would be better off looking in Inverness. Thurso isn't really known for sartorial elegance, unless you find tight granite-wash jeans and Status Quo sew-on patches becoming.
- Elizabeths in the old chinkys for turn of the century ladies fashions.
- Forget it. Go to Inverness.
- For shirts with cardboard collars and the latest farmyard fashions straight from the sheepwalk, shop in Caithness. Seriously though, McAllans isn't too bad these days. Still, they have very little choice and charge more for it.
- Macallans, Butresses and eheheh.....???
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2009-12-22
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board