Live Music Venues in Thurso, Caithness*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Thurso.
Live Music Venues
- Open Mic Nights at the Y-Not are really good. Usually held on a Thursday night once a month.
- haha are ye jokin? occasionally skins has some decent bands on (depending on your definition of decent) - Saw Doctors and the MacDonald Brothers from the X Factor appeared there last year. Popeyes and the Holborn both get bands on from time to time....but really the best place to hear music is coming out of a car window on a fri/sat night
- The Yard in wick has live music at weekdns n that, rare in thurso tho
- The Redwood ace for watching Ernie Whiteoak
- Redwood ...class venue class gigs especially Ernie Whiteoak and the travelling man
The Grove was good too for class jams with Fraser from the Breeze and Jock from behind the bar
- If you want a good night and want to get moving on the dance floor the place to go is the legion on Nashville Night, good music and good crack
- The Comm Bar has a Folk Session every wednesday night starting around 9pm. All welcome. Music is mainly Scottish & Irish but most weeks with a bit of American Old Time Banjo thrown in courtesy of Stuart Tod of Castletown.
- The Comm on WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
- NEWMARKET ON A SUDAY AFTERNOON WITH E GAILS PLAYIN WILL NEVER BE BEAT
- are non existent. but there is some talent up there, a wee boy called cook who plays the drums. ha ha.
- The usual cacophany that pases for live bands in the 'Newmarket'(with it's own
unique aroma!),the Viking Bowl(frosty barstaff)and Skinandis(extra £3-£7
on top of entrance fee).Occasional bands in other establishments.
- Well...Thurso High School for all of you classical opera shit...also Battle Of The Bands(if that frig Mr Watson still decides to run it)for all the little kiddies playing(and trying) to play their favourite songs, some are good but most are shit. The Viewfirth for country, rock and Rave(thanks rob)
- skins, viking bowl, etc..
- lots of. like youth clubs only with alcohol.
- Just the Thurso night club....take my advice don't part with your money in there... buy a CD instead.
- Do they still have barn Dances?
I recall the heady days of teenagery trecking out to Georgemas or Thurdistoft for a cattle crap soaked evenings entertainment. Firing down Vodka and Coke from plastic cups, getting a BJ round the back of the bails and to end the evening, getting a smack in the mouth from some Wick Tink. Will nights like this ever be bettered?
- The Viking Bowl have a nasty habbit of using piss poor two piece bands with drum machines. Newmarket has it's days. Skinandis on a Saturday has the cream, though young local talent often gets a place on Thursdays.
- you never mentioned Thurso Pipe Band playing on Princess Street every Saturday night in the summer
- Viewforth Club - A feast of Country and Western naffness. Irony overload.
- Skinande's night club runs bands most weeks
- 'E Central fur super live music.
- Music used to be more popular during the 80's, with many local bands occupying local spots in the pubs weekly. Fortunately, one can drink in relative peace these days, and the guff that poor Sunday drinkers used to have to listen to has had the sense to give up.
- New Market, Royal, Coral (for the amazing Big F Band - Best unknown guitarist in Caithness).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2009-12-22
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board