Skateboard Shops in Thurso, Caithness*
Where to buy skateboard decks, trucks, wheels, bearings, grip tape, curb wax, tees, caps, set ups, bolts, kingpins etc
You can tell us more about Thurso.
- there was one but it shutdown. so ha ha !
- the one next to the new market which has most stuff skaterwise and tempest down near at the harbour has lots of ace clothes and surfing stuff also has the best cafe in town
- ! There are now 2 skate/surf shops...one by the fishmart by the harbour (which has a cafe too) aand one beside the newmarket
- None in Thurso
- None.There was a skateboard arena(sort of),but that disappeared up it's own
slippery slope. The kids were just 'boy racers' in waiting anyway.
- Skateboarding Sucks ass.
Please break your legs you freaks.
- Nothing for boarders I'm afraid. You shouldn't be surprised. Caithness cannot sustain any business not absolutely mainstream - there aren't enough young people anymore. The only ones left are the school agers and the ones who are too scared to leave for the 'Big City' - like Aberdeen.
- Bad news. There was a skate and surf shop there, but it went bust shortly after the mother of the owner died, god rest her soul. The skateboard ramp went nearly 8 years ago, when we lifted it on the back of a trainer to a barn near Reay. I don't know how it is doing anymore, but it was in the barn of the big house on the hill above Reay. I don't see too much mention of the surfing in Thurso. One person I know who travelled around the world surfing said that Thurso East was still the best break he had ever surfed, even if it is bloody cold! Big fat right hand barrels on a good 4-5 ft, off shore wind day. you have the shit-pipe as well, between Thurso east and the beach, which provides nice left and right hand breaks, and barrels under the right conditions. Unfortunately I think a lot of the surfing scene has died off since drugs started to make their presence felt in Thurso. Why get cold to get a buzz? is the attitude. The hardcore surfers and skaters who built the ramp all left for pastures new and seem to have taken with them the urge to do something unusual which doesn't involve snorting or Rizlas.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board