The Worst Things in Thurso, Caithness*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Thurso.
The Worst Things
- willy hammy gan boot acting e hardman. Fucking tink.
- This the same Becca Catherine Mckenna who was having an affair with MR C's proprietor a certain MR. Collier?
- David Whitelaw and his pish attitude toward scones and clotted cream. Fanny!
- so cold
- Becca Catherine Mckenna
- the 12 year old neds who start a fight if you make eye contact.
- it can get boring
- there aint enough fkin hash arundd this town its terrible...comes and goes in one day...get it fukin sorted imho
- Central Hotel - the place is mingin. Check out the dust on the video camera as you go up the stairs
- okay this is going to be a long list,
top joes, skins, sandra's snack bar, that fat boy racer called dougie,
central hotel, owner of the central (nob end), the music scene, the weather, and the fact that alot of the community is inbred
- THE WORST THING IS MY SON STILL LIVES THERE.MY EX-WIFE.SHE IS ONE OF SLAGS OF THURSO.LOCALS KNOW HER-SHE WAS CAUGHT SHAGGING WITH HER FANCY MAN IN HIS CAR.
- Being rip off by supermarket (SAFEWAY) never any of the offers availabe shelves empty
- sandras!!!! smells,yucky food
- not enuff stuff to do, but wot there are is good
- Philip Norsworthy
- The 2 hour drive to get there from Inverness. Also, what passes for
friendliness is in reality, nosiness.
- it's so different from wick. nee haha x
- Fit birds only go for guys with cars
- The poos in the water at the beach.... dont know if its still the same now but we all had to swim with our mouths shut! yuk!!
- it can be exspensive, and cold!
- the pricks, the area(top of scotland!!)
- The druggies who go in the Newmarket...lock up your children
- Being there
- the judiciary system. me tarzan. you jane. you bug me. me smack you up.
- The loose women, fishing in the rain all the time and the Northen Police.
- Power crazed self important council workers.
- The Holburn Bar, the place for fighting and vomit.
- It's is so far from anywhere else!
- The impending collapse of Princes St. -including the Station Hotel Bar-due either to 40 years worth of heavy trucks bound to and from Dounereay or to an ill advised Hydro Electric cable laying.
Either way, just look at the lintels on the houses, especially around Davidson's Lane.
- Shops which close at lunchtime and think 'late opening' means staying open until 5.30pm
Everyone knows who you are
No decent drugs - only magic mushrooms
Mention 'nuclear power' and the locals start to froth at the mouth
Local men think 'D'you want to go halfers on a bastard' is a sophisticated chat-up line
- The road south (or the road to Week).
- TOP JOES DRINKERS
- The people who are always against any new developements, no matter where or what anyone wants to build or regardless of how many jobs the developement would provide.
- Winter and the rest of the week.
- Horizontal rain and too many crinkly bus trips to the town. All the young locals who drive round and round and round the town all night - get a life!
- The horizontal rain in the winter (and the rest of the year)
- The worst is the distance from almost anywhere.
- Worst. Cops have nothing better to do than go for motoring offences.
- Living there for eighteen years. It is a hellhole.
- Same faces in the same places. The countryside around Thurso is totally flat and trees do not really exist, making it a bit boring. There is really nothing to do or see in Thurso if you don't drink, and if you do visit the local pubs you are constantly on your guard trying to avoid local hardmen, who are in abundance. To be honest, Thurso is a stop over for Orkney,and that is all it will ever be unless something radical happens.
- The sex and the drugs mixed with peace and tranquility
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: MOUNTAIN LION, david thurso, Gary Caldwell, nadine mackay, G Burns, terri watt, thurso, Ivor Bigyone, Vic, Master D.F Shearer, Kyle, highlander, Scptt Harland, Macca, Dorcas Sinclair, Paul Mowat, Dick Walton, Devon, richie, Claire Farquhar, georgie whippet, wullie c, LALA, bally rutherford, Maggie Moran, Horseman, daveycor, A Sports Fan, Jill MacRae, ROBBIE FRASER, Ella Fyvie, Robert Lockwood, Steve Slater, Sam Hill, Sam MacAulay, Dave, Steph, Dj-Gregor, Aaron, m.mackay, Angus, Phat Phil, Karn Burgoyne, dominic pain, Lisa Chan, darren macloud, lildevlh, George Julian, Poetic Stanziel, John Firth, bill, david, dezz, gavin henderson, Paul Cannop, William McGillivray, GlittersLinks, G Campbell, oscar, Slash, Paddy, hayley, max, young mann, Henry, Thurso Dude, David Whitelaw, Joe Bloggs, Nigel Kendrick, lynsay, patrick, R fabritzio, joe c, Luke, star, richard crossley, debbie.d, fred davis, Jamie Reid, Gary McVey, Shuggy Macnab, A. N. Onymouse, generic, bonkgib, b.adger, Gary, Nic, richard sutherland, young wal, Ian, Roman abramovich, Kevin McCoy, james horne, David Mclean, Tain resident, Freddie Hughes, R.ANGUS, Corrina, phatphil, Franky Sutherland, unknown, woteva, Derek Chadwick, fn, Mole, ashleigh, stuart, stoney, Alison, eddie, Adam Shone, Stuart tod, Jeck, mystery man, paul, Kevin Mc, Nam
Last updated: 2016-03-21
More stuff about Thurso
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Thurso Knowhere Board