Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Twyford, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Twyford.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- William Penn, founder of Pensylvania, apparently used to live in Ruscombe.
- Kenny Everetts ex-wife used to live in Charvil!! Saw him a couple of times before he died!!!
- Uri Geller who lives in Sonning, just down the road, now purchased Exeter FC, he's going to need a lot of mind melding to make them successful
- Enid Blyton used to live in Twyford, apparently. Uri Geller and Paul Daniels live nearby.
- Phyllis Arkle, author of the Railway Cat, does/used to live in Springfield Park. I swear half the story is based around Twyford station and the guy who works there!
- A certain Bob Banks used to live in Twyford in the 70's and he fancied himself to have a certain celebrity. Personally, I remember him as a bit of a tosser.
- Jill Gascoine (Gentle Touch, Cats Eyes) lived there. So did Wayne Dobson in his flashy Porshe with the number plate DTR1K. Norman Rees the ITN news reporter lives in Wargrave. Linzi Drew the porn star and editor of Penthouse use to live in the High Street near the mill.
- Paul danials lives in Wargrave
George Harrison lives in Henley
And Many More
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Big C, John Fleming, bman, J.Whale, Dave Nattriss, Jenna, Vince Martyn, diapermonkey, Richard Philips, Victoria Brooks, Ian mackenzie, Phil Symonds, blader, Jon, townsend, sam, Hugh Jorgan, Graham, james pickard, Peter Chapman, generic, chilli, John, twyford rude boi's, david, REDBULL
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Twyford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Twyford Knowhere Board