The Worst Things in Twyford, Berkshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Twyford.
The Worst Things
- Will Brown is really cool
- dannys zoots
- dannys zoots
- danny wills
- The attitude of the staff in THE STRAND hairdressers. After turning my hair GREEN, I went back where they proceeded to change it RED,Green and BROWN. I had to go else where to have it covered up as it was a bank holiday weekend. However when I returned to complain I got an earful of abuse and 15 pound a small refund considering I paid almost 60 pound to have it done and 50 getting it fixed!! The owner doesnt care once she has the money and the staff are incompetent. My hair was left in a state from all the colours they had put on it. Should have taken the hint seems everyone in there having there hair done are well over 60 (pension rates) The prices are EXPENSIVE, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and a problem with COLOURS not a good combination for a hairdressers. No wonder they are always empty!!!!!!!!!!!
- 14 year olds with big attitudes!!!
- having no sk8 park
- The people
- pikes, especially at night.
- Chinese take a way, good food not to expensive.
Indian HALWALLI, bargain eat as much as you like on a Sunday, about £6.00 a head.
- The Golden cross and the anti drinking landlord. How can you run a pub if you don't like drunks
- The so called maturing adults that think it is cool to wreck the play area's that used to entertain them when they were young and needed swings and slides.
Let's hope that when they grow up, they too will find the play area a pain and unsuitable for their kids.
Broken glass should be re-cycled and not smashed in play parks.
Maybe an education was missed, and vandalism is their kick ?
- Excellent vandalism which the local council and police seem to be able to do nothing about.
- Village itself is very quiet
- Non residents parking in Springfield Park. They did stick double yellow lines there. Now two cars can still not pass each other safely AND the residents can't park anywhere near their own homes because people still use it as access for the station. The double yellow lines are the bane of my life.
- Twyford Tandoori Resturant - I agree about the bad attitude.
Who else would offer you a 10% discount loyalty card, and then
only let you have 9% off. It's not the money, it's the principal!
You don't get half of what you should on their buffet, unless you
press them for it!
- Twyford Tandoori Resturant - I find the staff unhelpful and not interested.
- Twyford has nothing going for it apart from the 24 hour Paddington train service with no ticket collectors on it. I have lived there for 25 years and am still stuck there, but only to sleep. It is an in-breeding community full of old people in their slow cars with 2.2 kids and half a labrador which I should have cooked when I was stuck in the chinky for 15 years of my life serving the snowy population who couldn't be bothered to cook! Not that I'm bitter!
People who park their cars in Springfield park so that it's impossible for two cars to pass each other safely. Why are there no yellow lines when there clearly should be.
The place stinks of curry. Do we need 4 indian restaurants?
Somerfield is the crappiest supermarket ever unless all you want is milk. then they have the nerve to complain when a bigger better supermarket service like Waitrose comes along. Get real! People would easily rather drive 25 minutes to Tescos in Henley or Reading than use this sad excuse for a retail outlet.
Who are those 8 kids that hang out by the traffic light phone box every evening? The girl with the short skirt is quite cute though!
- Greens and Somerfield
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Big C, John Fleming, bman, J.Whale, Dave Nattriss, Jenna, Vince Martyn, diapermonkey, Richard Philips, Victoria Brooks, Ian mackenzie, Phil Symonds, blader, Jon, townsend, sam, Hugh Jorgan, Graham, james pickard, Peter Chapman, generic, chilli, John, twyford rude boi's, david, REDBULL
Last updated: 2018-05-21
More stuff about Twyford
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Twyford Knowhere Board