Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Weston Super Mare, Somerset*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Weston Super Mare.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- All the wags and comics contributing to this site deserve to be better known. Sadly they're more likely to die penniless in obscurity. Such is karma.
- Tracy, sorry, Racey.
- Too Many to mention.
Jeffery (turn the other one) Archer
John Cleese, Richi Blackmore (Rainbow)Deborah Kerr, Bob Hope, Me,
Jill (whiter then white) Dando puke check the murial oppo college
- Isambard Kingdom Brunel chose to live in Weston when he was fiddling about with bridges and railways. Who calls their kid Isambard? I ask you!
- John cees
- John cleese
- John Cheese, Arthur Askey lived here for 4 years. Michael Stipe stayed here when Radio 1 had a beach party. Ronnie Corbett and his lovely wife (much bigger than him though) or Ronnie Barker, one of them. I cant remember which one. Colin Stagg lived in Hessell Road. Sarah Shelley and Julie Parsons (Backing singers in Wham). That actor from Waterloo Road said he was raised here before moving to Scunthorpe. Someone told me Julian Clary started out here before moving on to bigger and better things.
- Jan Dildo, John Cleese
- alot of famous sereal killers/rapists/mollesters came from weston....
- Can't believe no one's mentioned Richard Wyatt - ex Weston Mercury reporter, smarmy TV reporter and friend of Gill Dando!
- the trotters
- John Cleese of course :-)
Oh and that arse who I won't name who should still be in prison IMHO, you know, reckons to write books and thrown out of parliament, slimy all round conservative.
- Daniel Wright (who used to live in The Forresters pub on Alexandra Parade) who was working as pool attendent at Michael Barrymore's house until a few years ago. He stood by Barrymore during the trial and has just brought out a book on lifesaving 'Lend me your ring'.
- Jill Dando (RIP), John Cleese and Clark Gable... hmmm... unlikely.
- Pete Seaton
- Yukka's Tip
- Julie Andrews run the book shop in the Tudor Mall
- JOHN CLEESE
- The only famous people I can think of that have lived here is the one everyone knows, The dude from Faulty towers. I have recently read in a newspaper interview though that Trinny from 'trinny and susannahs whatnot to wear' used to live here until she hit the big time with her show. Theres also that dodgy 'model' vikki thomas who lived here and still visits on weekends. Dont think she classes as famous though!
- My dad is peter deane INTERNATIONAL BODYGUARD and CELEBRITY MINDER "PETER DEANE " (Ex squaddie and MR "B"s BOUNCER (see HELLO MAGAZINE or THE SUN )still sighted around the town occassionally . ive never met him so if anyone knows him or how i can get in touch email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- The most famous person must be Jill Dando though I can't remember if she was the one who died or not
- once we had westwood in sands nightclub but he put on a crap performance and got boo'd believe it or not. o and once liberty x came to sands and they H8ed it! they sed they wud advise all celbrities to stay out of weston - hey, personaly i think sad poppy losers like liberty x shud stay out o weston - ne1 else is very welcome. o & big up westwood - every1 has their ups and downs!
- Me, John Cleeves and aparently the krays all originated from here
- RUPERT GRAVES. EX-WYVERN PUPIL.
JOHN CLEESE. BRILLIANT ACTOR.
JEFFREY ARCHER. WRITER. BAD ROLE MODEL AS FAR AS MORALS ARE CONCERNED.
- Anybody mentioned Sir David Frost yet? Hello, Good Evening & Welcome...
- Ummmmm well one day it will be me! Remeber me!!
- Rupert Graves who played the gay gamekeeper in Maurice with Hugh Grant comes from Weston http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001291/
- Claytown Troupe, 80's alternative rock group who were signed to Island & EMI records toured with The Cult & Pearl Jam
- Steve Dibben from Remains of the day lives here, funnily enough he never did any scenes in the town as he played a character George the second footman in the film and was 9th in line of credits and is, I hear is just about to make another movie in 2004, playing an assasin (small role).
- His Dodginess, Sir Jeffery Archer, of course!
- jill dando used to live here before she was tragically killed there is now a memorial garden in memory of her. lord archer is from weston as is john cleese.
- Lord Jeffrey Archer has returned after his spell in prison.
- Bob hope lived here for a while
- John Cleese (from monty python)
The drummer from iron maiden
- Paul Newton top bass guitar player. has jammed with Gary Moore and other famous guitarists. now with well known local band Doctor Chocolate
- John Cleese born in Ellesmere Road, Uphill. Jeffrey Archer (scum) grew up here.
- Jill Dando & her Dad, John Cleese, Kate Winslet (allegedly)
Only Fools and Horses' Uncle Alberts funeral was filmed in Weston.
- Lola Archer - Jeff's mother. Wonderful woman. Said to my mother (who was nursing her at the time 5 years ago) "He'll get his comeuppance in the end"
- Oasis came to Weston in the mid 90's to have the cover for the single "Roll With It" photograped with the band sitting in front of Weston Grand Pier. Apparently Liam went to Hobbits the local rock club and got a beating.
Only Fools and Horses is currently being filmed for a special one off in Weston, Del boy and Rodney are staying at the Royal Hotel on the sea front. A lot of Weston is used in the filming of the one off episode as Del boy and Rodneys plans of being Millionaries have failed and kept them in the UK rather than the south of France.
- The good The bad And the ugly! Jill Dando, Jeffrey Acher, and John Cleese.
- Lord Jeffrey Archer - in prison
Jill Dando - tragically shot
John Clease -V. funny
Stephen Triffit - 2nd on Stars in theier eyes as frank sinatra, now doing very well with the act in London and the US. Good on him.
- Bob Hope, Earl Alexander,
- John Cleese, Jill Dando, Rusty and his singing Ringpiece.
- Remains of the Day with Sir Anthony Hopkins was filmed in Weston, in 1996. He sat on the beach on the day of filming (the Winter Gardens) and signed autographs, just after his Hanibal fame.
- Gary Moores Brother hangs about a lot, he looks just like him too and is pretty friendly, I dont think hes a millionare though as lives on the Bournville Estate.
- Don't forget Richie Blackmore, the nutter from Deep Purple, Whitesnake & Rainbow fame.
- Colin Hill had the best transport cafe and sandwiches in England I belive that he now works and lives in Spain
- Well obviously John Cheese has been well mentioned and Jill Dando R.I.P.
- INTERNATIONAL BODYGUARD and CELEBRITY MINDER "PETER DEANE " (Ex squaddie and MR "B"s BOUNCER (see HELLO MAGAZINE or THE SUN )still sighted around the town occassionally .
- RACY!!! Altogether now,......Some girls will(do do dooo) some girls won't....
- John Cleese was a teacher in Weston before he became an actor/comedian
- No one famous comes from Weston, and if they did i doubt they`d admit it. And Gary Moor is from Ireland idiot, his family live here.
- The arcades are full of people who think they are famous gansters
- Jill Dando... John Cleese...
- Jump man, is a well known guy who jumps come rain or shine and if you tell him to rollover he will like a dog!, he looks like David Rasche who played Sledgehammer in the late 80's comedy cop show. Fat man who sings crap songs in the street can be seen to have a visable hard on if hits a high note.
- I dont see why it has to be apart from myself. I live here now and I am famous. My group COIL has been going for 18 years and we have moved here away from London and love it especiall yin the Winter. Now we get visited by Thighpaulsandra who is in Spiritualised as well as COIL, and by Julian Cope. Open your ears and eyes and add this info to the list. I even saw John Cale ex Velvet Underground driving round the other week.
- Mr John Cleeves, Jill Dando (R.I.P.), Archer (wanker).
- John Cleese
- What about Ruper Graves (Actor), Gareth Taylor (Soccer Player - Crystal Palace) and Jill Dando (TV presenter) as three more recently famous people from Weston. John Cleese is history now!!
- Jeffery Archer
- Gary Moore
- Famous Locally there's Colin "white socks/radio one", The Bird Woman, Jump and of course Crusty Bloke with Dogs in the High Street
- John Cleese, obviously, but did you know he was born John Cheese? Wahey. Also Paul Grinham, who was born a fair few years ago, and no-one seems to have heard of - his fame has grown since starring as an extra in 'Todgers', a cheap Seventies flick; he now has his own loyal, and local, fan club.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Maggie Simpson, Gerv, Gemm, toby, andy hawkins, bish, Prolific, jenny, Jo Cox, kelly, simon, jen, Badass, Rupert, Frostypants, maria christaki, dom, Leanne, Eddie Gray, Bob Blainey, Annonymous of Weston, danny, tommy b, Jake, nobby, Austin, Markie, kate, Claire, Inextremist, Stace, Gavin Cashman, sarah jones, mandy buck, H Boyd, Richard Jackson, lucy, wenna, nikpulle, Shat, adam, Posko, fred north, leanne rogers, jimbob, lyn, Eddie Farrow, stevie dee, Bexxxi, dee, Salma, Alexa, Tania, Mart, Nick Burrett, pez, robbie, pinki, chris, Mel, RJB, PETER, nick, Alex G, Monkey, Rob Shaw, Mike Clarke, mike, jimnekrikit, kathy, Matthew Stone, Klos 55, tinki winki, Caroline wright, Allen Hawthorne, C Plummer, kelli, Mike Richardson, H, joe, mrfintim, Alex, Dave Lloyd, Rosalyn George, wolf, Jo, Sam, tony, Lyns, Nath, Mike King, Mark Kinsey, elisa atkinso, josh, Ben Ashley, Marie Felton, Ross Jones, Libby, Richard Roofe, Michelle Syms, Melanie Shepherd, Kirstie, Marky Mod, Jon, RAY, ryan inglis, Mr. lange, Ryan Bailey, Mike Sanders, Sarah Smith, lewis richards, Roger Thomas, michael howe, Jim, Ralph, Mike Thomas, David Bryant, dan_linear, simon hallett, Paul Davies, Ryan Phillips, emily, Clare, marshall, Jess, RolyPoly, Brian, Nobby, DEAN SMYTH, jane hudson, Mikey Sanders, Ben Reilly, Laura, Jack Frost, Chloe, Bex Lynch-Kirk, jason, Paul, danlinear, Nina, ME BABY ME!!, pete seaton, Brian Cobb, wildkat, geoff, bex, jim driver, paul j, Mike Hancorn, DEA, Jason Day, penguin, Linny, ian, amber kingscote, Simon Griffin, blank, Simon Stephens, Flo :), Pirate Bill, gully, John Balance, angel, generic, Ray Holder, David Britten, Katie, Ian James Frost, nik, dags watson, Mark, Jordan, KEWSOUND, sxe, Brady, Pecky, pete deane, andy, gary, Mike Hooper, charlie, stuart, john christopher, baz, nigel, Steve S, Bruno Brookes, lisa, Mark Hirst, mason, Allan, John, Malc Banham, christine mason, Cass n Aime, Steve
Last updated: 2017-03-11
More stuff about Weston Super Mare
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Weston Super Mare Knowhere Board