Cinemas in Weston Super Mare, Somerset*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Weston Super Mare.
- Odeon, wonderful ambience, I can't believe it's only seven quid to get kicked in the spine for two hours with the mood set by the smell of vomit.
- The Odeon, overpriced, but right in the centre and usually have the latest films fairly soon after release date.
- YOU CAN SNEAK IN THE FIRE EXIT WELL EASY
- hartleys living room
- The odeon would be just fine if they showed more films at more accessible times. I can't go see a new release on a saturday for example. I go to Cribbs Causeway these days to watch films.
- The odeon, Mmmm! last time I went, it was dirty, very poor sound and had repairs to the screen, once you spot them you can't look away - go to the vue at cribbs causeway.
The local theatre is cool though, very wide range of acts and film. My fave is "Circus of Horrors", very funny rock horror with live music and bizarre acts. lots of the audience dress for it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/articles/2005/02/24/circus_of_horrors_review_feature.shtml
- Weston Odeon has Dolby Digital sound brand new Premier seats in screen 1 and is getting refurbished again it's the only one in weston people please stop moaning!!!!
- go to Bristol to the MutliPlexes.
- The Odeon or the Playhouse
- Too cramped. You need to go to Cribbs
- Weston C of E Odeon Primary School is to be avoided, bristol isnt that far and is a much better experience...
- avoid fat dawn the manager of weston odeon, she will probably eat you. what an old cow.
- I have to admit, I have been to weston cineam quite a few times. However, This is mainly down to the fact that its within walking distance. Its an ok place to go if you just want to see a film before heading into town for a night out. If its just the film i want to see then i am more than happy to travel to cribbs. Much better cinema and facilities. Weston odean really does need a facelift. Its a crying shame really.
- The Odeon in weston super mare is the best cinema in weston super mare
- There the good old odeon. Basically ok for going to meet your mates and talking over the whole film as thats what the cinemas entire occupents do. The seats hurt your butt and it would be cheaper to buy a full course meal in some posh restaurant than to buy the popcorn. Better going to the warner bros in bristol or what ever it's called now
- weston has one shitty cinema - the odeon
ur better off going to the cinema in bristol, cribbs causeway, where they have a wider selection of films to choose from. oh and its about 10 times the size of the odeon! the cinema in bristol is called the 'vue'
- It'll do, a cinemas a cinema.
- I HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR WESTON ODEON, DUE TO THE FACT THAT I USED TO GO TO THE SATURDAY MORNING PICTURES THERE WHEN I WAS MUCH, MUCH YOUNGER. IT MAY NOT BE THE CLASSIEST PLACE BUT I LIKE IT.....NOSTALGIA YOU SEE!
- It does, I suppose. Saves having to afford a bus fare up to Cribbs Causeway anyway, and the girl that served me last time was quite fit.
- Odeon everytime, it's a bit xpenzive 4 popcorn but it tastes so damn good!
- drive to cribbs much better, more comfortable and more choice of films.
- the cinema is not up to much. thers always stupid lil kids chucking straws, popcorn, gelly sweets, pretty much anything thats throwable around. best off goin to warner bros in bristol by the mall in cribs causway. dats good but its busy so its better to book ur seats.
- The odeon in the centre is a little old fashioned, but Vue cinema at Cribs Causeway isnt too fat away.
- a fantastic war time strucure is the odeon. mono sound, flat dirty seats- what moor can you want? i seriously recommend getting up to vue at cribbs
- Some of the comments hear are well out of date, the Odeon has been done up recently and had some new seats, it's actually quite good. It does show all the latest films and the big screen makes Vue/Showcase screens look like TV's
- one cinema..........wooooooooooo!
- The Odeon is ok but for a bigger selection of films there's always Cribbs Causeway!
- Go to Warner Village (Now Vue) at Cribbs!
- The Odeon gives you a numb ass and is a bit pricey unless you go on Tuesdays. I'd go to Cineworld near Bristol instead, bigger, cheaper, comfier.
- I actually really like the Odeon in Weston, it's right in the town centre, and always has big name films people actually want to see so you don't have to travel up to Cribbs to see a film. Also it's cheaper than the Bristol cinemas, and is comfier (I always freeze at the Warners cinema at Cribbs).
- the seats are tough
- The Odean, come on , the Stones played there
- Odeon in Weston has no air-con, underfills its drinks and the seats are hard. The films aren't in focus and there's no surround. Still costs £5.60 though.
- The Odeon is a bit of a dive. The staff are helpful but the place is in need of a make over. Weston could do with a multi screen but the local council would stop it. They seem to think that anything that would benifit the people of Weston is not going to happen.
- The odeon, the only cinema in Weston
- Odeon, shite, in poor repair, expensive.
- Odeon is good if your not that bovvered about the state of the cinema, and more interested in the movie, otherwise go to the Warner Village in Cribbs Causeway-it may be more expensive, but the building looks safe, you get a drinks holder and masses of room!!
- the only cinema we have is the odeon iits crap the best cinema around is warner brothers in cribs in bristol we have a amf bowling which is ok and we did have a quasar but its not there any more yates wine bar is there which is better
- Like almost every other building in the town centre, the Odeon is a listed building; which means (thanks mainly to the local Civic Society for putting the spanner in the works every time)that Odeon Ltd. are, more often than not, prevented from doing anything that will in any way raise the profile of the cinema. Pretty soon it'll be going the same way as the Old Pier. Odeon Weston super Mare (RIP).
- the cinema was falling down when i was there, so i doubt its still standing now
- the odeon.Hmmmm, one of those '50s 'knock the guts out of it and squeeze three screens where theres only room for one' type places. But,of course, it's the only cinema in town so it'll have to do!
- go 2 the cinema if u want but it aint noubt special.
- Middle of town. Steps are covered in piss and vomit. Refreshments are a rip off..so smuggle in your own.
To sit and watch the latest film....it ain't bad value...and you won't get claustrophobia.
Alternatively follow the sheep to the multiplexes in Bristol and Taunton. It will cost you though.
- Odeon - could be a GREAT 30s place. It's even got a working organ which rises from the pit. But the deco's decor's run down. Playhouse theatre sometimes shows interesting films. The town needs as arts centre type film place
- Warner Village cinema at Cribbs is only 15 minutes, head out there for a cool cinematic experience with air con and comfortable seats and the latest movies on tap
- Theres an AMF 10pin Bowling Alley at Dolphin Square. Recently done up, good fun.
- The Odeon is alright
- Cinema show a film only twice a day and is well overpriced.
- We need a new showcase cinema, it is in the pipeline to be built by the new excellent VW garage and USA burger bar, this will be full everynight I am sure as so many people want to see a cool cinema in Weston, the centre of North Somerset
- Get yourself to the Showcase cinema in Bristol, it is spot on and cheap deals in the day if you can bunk of work that is!
NO GOOD FILMS.
- ok i guess . easy to sneak in .
- we have a big building which is falling apart with a television screen if that is what you mean.
- If you want to watch a film without your knees up round your chin (if you're over 5 ft tall) and that's in the LUXURY seats - forget it. The sound is monotone and once you're chewing a Malteser you have trouble to hear it!! Definately worth the hassle of a drive to Bristol to watch a film - or better still - stay at home, get Sky or rent it on video 2 years after it's released.
- The Odeon has a bloke on a wurlitzer organ who rises from the ground like a phoenix from Uphill.
- Cinema's okay (clean,curteous staff,rarely trouble from youthes)
ten pin bowling at Dolphin square (worth a visit if youre in town and at a loose end)
- Rent a video, you get better picture, sound and service without the worry of the bulding falling on you
- Brilliant Cinema, No stereo surround sound, rips in the screen, built in the 1930's, they wnat to turn it into a nightclub????
- the local cimena is a joke,i beleve they will soon be upgrading the sound to stereo though.
- Decrepid - duing the T-rex scene in Lost World part of the ceiling FELL OFF.
- Ahem, well, there's only one; Odeon on the Centre... gets all the latest releases [well, most], and it's horrifically overpriced too! What more could you want?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Maggie Simpson, Gerv, Gemm, toby, andy hawkins, bish, Prolific, jenny, Jo Cox, kelly, simon, jen, Badass, Rupert, Frostypants, maria christaki, dom, Leanne, Eddie Gray, Bob Blainey, Annonymous of Weston, danny, tommy b, Jake, nobby, Austin, Markie, kate, Claire, Inextremist, Stace, Gavin Cashman, sarah jones, mandy buck, H Boyd, Richard Jackson, lucy, wenna, nikpulle, Shat, adam, Posko, fred north, leanne rogers, jimbob, lyn, Eddie Farrow, stevie dee, Bexxxi, dee, Salma, Alexa, Tania, Mart, Nick Burrett, pez, robbie, pinki, chris, Mel, RJB, PETER, nick, Alex G, Monkey, Rob Shaw, Mike Clarke, mike, jimnekrikit, kathy, Matthew Stone, Klos 55, tinki winki, Caroline wright, Allen Hawthorne, C Plummer, kelli, Mike Richardson, H, joe, mrfintim, Alex, Dave Lloyd, Rosalyn George, wolf, Jo, Sam, tony, Lyns, Nath, Mike King, Mark Kinsey, elisa atkinso, josh, Ben Ashley, Marie Felton, Ross Jones, Libby, Richard Roofe, Michelle Syms, Melanie Shepherd, Kirstie, Marky Mod, Jon, RAY, ryan inglis, Mr. lange, Ryan Bailey, Mike Sanders, Sarah Smith, lewis richards, Roger Thomas, michael howe, Jim, Ralph, Mike Thomas, David Bryant, dan_linear, simon hallett, Paul Davies, Ryan Phillips, emily, Clare, marshall, Jess, RolyPoly, Brian, Nobby, DEAN SMYTH, jane hudson, Mikey Sanders, Ben Reilly, Laura, Jack Frost, Chloe, Bex Lynch-Kirk, jason, Paul, danlinear, Nina, ME BABY ME!!, pete seaton, Brian Cobb, wildkat, geoff, bex, jim driver, paul j, Mike Hancorn, DEA, Jason Day, penguin, Linny, ian, amber kingscote, Simon Griffin, blank, Simon Stephens, Flo :), Pirate Bill, gully, John Balance, angel, generic, Ray Holder, David Britten, Katie, Ian James Frost, nik, dags watson, Mark, Jordan, KEWSOUND, sxe, Brady, Pecky, pete deane, andy, gary, Mike Hooper, charlie, stuart, john christopher, baz, nigel, Steve S, Bruno Brookes, lisa, Mark Hirst, mason, Allan, John, Malc Banham, christine mason, Cass n Aime, Steve
Last updated: 2012-11-15
More stuff about Weston Super Mare
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Weston Super Mare Knowhere Board