Favourite Building in Weston Super Mare, Somerset*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Weston Super Mare.
- Too many to mention Hans Price was a cool dude
Love the coach houses top montpelia and Walliscotte rd
- Love the Art Deco building on the High Street currently part occupied by Costa (lotta) Coffee. Look up to see the Twelve Elephants heads looking down on you. I'm sure nobody notices them. Who'd have thought there were elephants in Weston.
- BUTTERFLYS MASSAGE PARLOR.
- The Observatory
- it burnt down
- my favourite building was the abandoned hotel...... before it burnt down
- The gasometers, they are just huge awesome structures! Some of the buildings on the boulevard have interesting architecture. The castle at Banwell makes an impression too.
- 5 Milton road, a stone built building - I was born there 62 years ago. Ivans garage was across the road.
- My favourite building WAS knightstone! Now they have decided to turn it into yet more luxury flats and i am begining to wonder what we have left in this 'victorian' town. I am only 23 and therefore not against modern contemporary developments. However, i feel that we are ruining a victorian town with yet more thin walled, Overpriced flats.
- Your mums house
- My house, I feel safe in it.
- My house obviously!!
- The Pier.
- The old pier is lovely but run down....do smething about it and start to give people something to come here for, instead of just drinking. (I wouldnt mind about the drining if there were somewhere good to go).
- There's a really sweet redbrick apartment building on Beach Road - looks totally out of place, like it should be in the Bronx - nice though.
- My mates house or the Old Kings Head. Or the shelter up by the Prince Consort Gardens.
- Ellenborough crescents big georgian terraces <3
- For most of the population in weston its the JOB CENTRE!!!!
- No one building is my favourite, ok topshop is a kewl place, but i like my area where i live, North Worle. Its quiet, its pretty, its lack of scum...just lovely! Especially my house too!
- The CORBIERE hotel, upper church road, great place to take back the ten to two bird you,ve just regrettably picked up in sands disco.
- All the victorian, stone built houses, (they don't make 'em like they used to)
- The tec college!
- Lots of good Victorian stuff, though much of it has been messed about by naff hoteliers and DIY conversions. Terrible plastic window frames appearing everywhere.
- Yeah, I agree the VW garage is ok, but hardly a asset, and the Sea Life Centre is modern and Senoritas bar looks cool from the outside
- Railway Station
- The House my grandad built! Knightstone Island, alot of happy childhood memories, Tropicana.
- The Book Depository opposite a Grassy Knoll - Dallas
- Sovreign center
- The VW Garage is COOL and the best building in Weston by far!
- urm, tough one this. How about none cause Council don't spend any money here.
- the VW Garage, recently built on the way in to weston, it is a cool looking garage and much more to come there, I think we will get a showcase style cinema too.
- the lidils ware house by the motorway
when the sum shines on the steel roof u get blinded at 90 miles an hour
- My Temple.
- The Bank for obvious reasons.
- CHEERS BAR
- The Old Pier. If only I had won the lottery...
- Weston College (the contrast against the old buildings-tragic)
- Burn them all!!!!
- None - weston is not a spot of architectural excellence!!
- The soon to be demolished Broadoak building. Simply because it wont be there for much longer.
- I must say the 5 years I spent in weston where all great times, the old knightstone pool, a wonderful old building with hand carved underground passages. this was a great place to meet the local talent, (if you where a life guard as i was).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Maggie Simpson, Gerv, Gemm, toby, andy hawkins, bish, Prolific, jenny, Jo Cox, kelly, simon, jen, Badass, Rupert, Frostypants, maria christaki, dom, Leanne, Eddie Gray, Bob Blainey, Annonymous of Weston, danny, tommy b, Jake, nobby, Austin, Markie, kate, Claire, Inextremist, Stace, Gavin Cashman, sarah jones, mandy buck, H Boyd, Richard Jackson, lucy, wenna, nikpulle, Shat, adam, Posko, fred north, leanne rogers, jimbob, lyn, Eddie Farrow, stevie dee, Bexxxi, dee, Salma, Alexa, Tania, Mart, Nick Burrett, pez, robbie, pinki, chris, Mel, RJB, PETER, nick, Alex G, Monkey, Rob Shaw, Mike Clarke, mike, jimnekrikit, kathy, Matthew Stone, Klos 55, tinki winki, Caroline wright, Allen Hawthorne, C Plummer, kelli, Mike Richardson, H, joe, mrfintim, Alex, Dave Lloyd, Rosalyn George, wolf, Jo, Sam, tony, Lyns, Nath, Mike King, Mark Kinsey, elisa atkinso, josh, Ben Ashley, Marie Felton, Ross Jones, Libby, Richard Roofe, Michelle Syms, Melanie Shepherd, Kirstie, Marky Mod, Jon, RAY, ryan inglis, Mr. lange, Ryan Bailey, Mike Sanders, Sarah Smith, lewis richards, Roger Thomas, michael howe, Jim, Ralph, Mike Thomas, David Bryant, dan_linear, simon hallett, Paul Davies, Ryan Phillips, emily, Clare, marshall, Jess, RolyPoly, Brian, Nobby, DEAN SMYTH, jane hudson, Mikey Sanders, Ben Reilly, Laura, Jack Frost, Chloe, Bex Lynch-Kirk, jason, Paul, danlinear, Nina, ME BABY ME!!, pete seaton, Brian Cobb, wildkat, geoff, bex, jim driver, paul j, Mike Hancorn, DEA, Jason Day, penguin, Linny, ian, amber kingscote, Simon Griffin, blank, Simon Stephens, Flo :), Pirate Bill, gully, John Balance, angel, generic, Ray Holder, David Britten, Katie, Ian James Frost, nik, dags watson, Mark, Jordan, KEWSOUND, sxe, Brady, Pecky, pete deane, andy, gary, Mike Hooper, charlie, stuart, john christopher, baz, nigel, Steve S, Bruno Brookes, lisa, Mark Hirst, mason, Allan, John, Malc Banham, christine mason, Cass n Aime, Steve
Last updated: 2013-07-08
More stuff about Weston Super Mare
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Weston Super Mare Knowhere Board