Live Music Venues in Weston Super Mare, Somerset*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Weston Super Mare.
Live Music Venues
- Reluctant to say it, but since The Raglan Arms burnt to the ground "mysteriously" the best music venue in Weston's got to be The Bear Inn Walliscotte rd.
Not only is it a friendly nice environment with great staff, the owner actually puts himself out to get new and the best bands from Bristol and Wales etc. Please keep the sh*t out from Playhouse area. Saying that Loves is brilliant for music and food as well, just wish they could re locate to a nicer bit of town. Com on Anna look about
- The Live Lounge near the college have local bands. Kameleon bar near Dolphin Square market support a lot of local acts, Scallys often has brilliant rock bands of a weekend.
- the Live Lounge in west Street is a great new venue for live bands, its small but has a top PA system is a great place to play. good priced drinks and fun atmosphere
- Scallys, The Back Bar, The London
- WESTON HIGHSTREET TRAMPS WITH TALENT!!!!!!
- The Rock Gardens is a great new-ish venue, and Hobbits ain't so bad now it's had a refurb. The Rock Gardens seem to cater more for the over 25s though which is good news if you're like me and don't wanna feel old lol.
- scally's, the market house, and the back bar. sometimes the cover charges are a bit much, but usually worth it.
- ah, now youre talking, firstly TC's do loads of live gigs, especially with weston's local talent "bex" who sings evey thursday in TC's (aka The Town Crier) on the corner of Oxford Street by the Town Hall.
- NOWHERE IF YOUR AN MC!!!
- The Back Bar in Cheers. On the same road as the Playhouse.
- loads of good bands at the imperial. avoid the alexandra bar, just fat lesbians with guitars
- Scally's, The Back Bar and............The high street for live jamming with the buskers
- Back bar!!! Seven!!! Hobbits!!! Nuff sed.
- Imperial, Back Bar
- There are a few local bands normally they play in Hobbits though if you want to see anyone famous go to cardiff london or god forbid milton keanes
- hobbits - the gothic club - its always advertising bands who play live, check out a rock band called random:occupation who go to the music college in weston (westcliffe)
- Back Bar
- The Colston Hall in Bristol is the nearest big music venue that I can think of, there's nowhere in Weston dedicated to playing live bands, only a few pubs.
- where ever EVANFLY are playing there brilliant, go see them find out in weston and worle paper whats on guide weekly to find out when there playin. go see them you wont be dissappointed
- some times stuffs held on the beach...or the beach lawns. and also some cool scrubs will play music for hours in the high street to earn about 20p
- Sadly The Imperial has closed its doors The newest and best music venue is The Borough Arms,(just out of town) best place to go for live music on a Friday or Saturday night. Good local bands and from as far afield as Exeter, they even bring them in from Bris'ol. For those who enjoy good karaoke, with over 9000 songs (they will get any others you want) go along on a Thursday or Sunday night
- Scally's, Hobbits, Dominion, Back Bar...can't think of any others...normally rock and heavy metal...some blues etc in Scally's though
- New Cellars Bar got my mate's band started - but it's so small things tend to sound better from outside.
- back bar (back bar of cheers) now have live bands every night and ive heard its pretty sucsessful. also for live bands is the imperial (south parade) where you can spot all local talent on most nights of the week. they also do karaoke.
- hobbits have bands, well they have groups of people that are loosly refered to as bands
- The Blues Bar
- SAND'S NIGHTCLUB HAS SOME FAMOUS BAND'SNOW ANG AGAIN, SO DOES TIME BUT THEY JUST TEND TO HAVE FAMOUS PEOPLE.
- Scally's in Calton Street have live bands most weeks
- HOBBITS IS BACK!!! it has now re-opened at the back of dolphin square near scallys. The rather large but incredibly nice fella Mr Bolam has brought the legend back and its fantastic. It still has the best atmosphere in weston and has there are no tossers, unlike the other clubs.
So if you don't want to get some little TW*T in a puffa jacket who thinks he's 'ard' or some fat trog trying to get some, get your ass to Hobbits.
so big pat on the back to Mr Bolam for reviving the best club in weston.
- Goin to Time evry now and again on a Thursday to see Tim Westwood for some good Hip-Hop and R'n'B, or shift yourself to sands on a Thursday night to see Vibe 101 if your into Re-mixed Shite!
- "Hobbits" often has good metal bands, "The Imperial" has music good for older people.
- Royal Hotel has got live jaz every sunday with a brilliant carvery. stan stennet plays there sometimes (that old famous guy, been on crossroads, loads of films etc).
- Time Nightclub in Weston-super-Mare
- HOTSHOTZ - owned and run by the same guys who have Chillas. Excellent music and entertainment venue in Weston. Lots of variety. Live Bands such as Edenfly(previously known as Slider) Last Orders, also live singers, look out for Kyra Bernice, excellent vocalist appearing there soon. On Sundays, theres a Karaoke with a difference, a vocalist does a slot and then its over to you lot. Running a comp at the moment, and even the children get a chance to have a go in the afternoons, but leave at 7pm then its Adults only. The Karaoke is Soul & Sound Roadshow and have worked there before and are now back by Popular demand. Check this venue out, it is HOT! - (HOTSHOTZ !!) see you there Ta Ta
- Every other Saturday, Bar Red, (next to playhouse) 'Bounce' a night of trance and bouncy anthems, come down and party! Next night 22nd March 2003 and every other saturday from then, count on your calendars and come down enjoy the fun!!
- hobbits,oasis,dominion,rock follies
- Absolutely none, unless if you like Jazz go to Royal Hotel, if you like rock/metal/punk/grunge go to Oasis on a thursday. Just wear jitter clothes and join in head banging, it may be unusual and freakish, but I went and loved it-great stress reliever!
- weston high street, you can't miss the buskers! (fantastic live entertainment!)
- the rock follies, the imperial, and scallys, provide live music, but it does depend alot on your taste in music.
- Voltz. Need I say more?
- Scallys the best live music venue in this town. Generally has live bands every Friday and Saturday.
- Do see bands at the Irish pub next to the Royal Hotel.
Don't see any of the advertised nightly helping of tone deaf, Brotherhood of Man rejects at the Borough Arms on the Locking Road. Unless of course you enjoy a night of kareoke with Keith Harris and Orville.If you do make the mistake of seeing something there, don't complain to the locals. They like it...and tattoos...and cider...and beer glasses as weapons.
- All Saints Church - the ONLY place for anything worthwhile in the classical scene
- We popped into Senoritas on a wednesday night and saw 8 acts , all shit hot on atallent nigh, all for free, nices tottie as well, and no hassle
- The Playhouse is pretty kewl
- Cellars Bar- have a live band virtually every nite and there are usually some good ones.
- Ok. So music aint talked about here.
My advice - take a trip to Glastonbury or Reading.
- We don't have any apart from the local piss-head-infested bandstand in Grove Park (and I can't remember any bands playing there regularly or without bribes 15 years ago either - let alone in the year 2k) oh, and the Playhouse - what a delight!
- My old band 'Roger's Trout Farm' used to play in Hobbits, The Prince of Wales and St. Georges Village Hall.
- the Market House in bristol road lower , is a popular venue for local bands
(they tend to have several gigs a week)
The playhouse (opposite the Market House regularly have top name performers)
Clarence Park (along the sea front) has a Weekend of live open air music yearly
- The Borough Arms is the only decent place that has music(live on weekends),its main quality is that its outside the main town.
- White Hart Inn has live music on Saturdays and The Delta Blues Club on Sundays. Meeting place for musos. People like John Renbourne, Kit Morgan, Steve and Rick Payne, Dick Heckstall-Smith, and the Rainmaker himself!!
- The Tropicana is on the up as a venue
- The groovy funplace called Tropicana. Funk on down to the tunes of all the large DJ's from around the UK at Karanga, usually held there every six months.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Maggie Simpson, Gerv, Gemm, toby, andy hawkins, bish, Prolific, jenny, Jo Cox, kelly, simon, jen, Badass, Rupert, Frostypants, maria christaki, dom, Leanne, Eddie Gray, Bob Blainey, Annonymous of Weston, danny, tommy b, Jake, nobby, Austin, Markie, kate, Claire, Inextremist, Stace, Gavin Cashman, sarah jones, mandy buck, H Boyd, Richard Jackson, lucy, wenna, nikpulle, Shat, adam, Posko, fred north, leanne rogers, jimbob, lyn, Eddie Farrow, stevie dee, Bexxxi, dee, Salma, Alexa, Tania, Mart, Nick Burrett, pez, robbie, pinki, chris, Mel, RJB, PETER, nick, Alex G, Monkey, Rob Shaw, Mike Clarke, mike, jimnekrikit, kathy, Matthew Stone, Klos 55, tinki winki, Caroline wright, Allen Hawthorne, C Plummer, kelli, Mike Richardson, H, joe, mrfintim, Alex, Dave Lloyd, Rosalyn George, wolf, Jo, Sam, tony, Lyns, Nath, Mike King, Mark Kinsey, elisa atkinso, josh, Ben Ashley, Marie Felton, Ross Jones, Libby, Richard Roofe, Michelle Syms, Melanie Shepherd, Kirstie, Marky Mod, Jon, RAY, ryan inglis, Mr. lange, Ryan Bailey, Mike Sanders, Sarah Smith, lewis richards, Roger Thomas, michael howe, Jim, Ralph, Mike Thomas, David Bryant, dan_linear, simon hallett, Paul Davies, Ryan Phillips, emily, Clare, marshall, Jess, RolyPoly, Brian, Nobby, DEAN SMYTH, jane hudson, Mikey Sanders, Ben Reilly, Laura, Jack Frost, Chloe, Bex Lynch-Kirk, jason, Paul, danlinear, Nina, ME BABY ME!!, pete seaton, Brian Cobb, wildkat, geoff, bex, jim driver, paul j, Mike Hancorn, DEA, Jason Day, penguin, Linny, ian, amber kingscote, Simon Griffin, blank, Simon Stephens, Flo :), Pirate Bill, gully, John Balance, angel, generic, Ray Holder, David Britten, Katie, Ian James Frost, nik, dags watson, Mark, Jordan, KEWSOUND, sxe, Brady, Pecky, pete deane, andy, gary, Mike Hooper, charlie, stuart, john christopher, baz, nigel, Steve S, Bruno Brookes, lisa, Mark Hirst, mason, Allan, John, Malc Banham, christine mason, Cass n Aime, Steve
Last updated: 2013-12-11
More stuff about Weston Super Mare
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Weston Super Mare Knowhere Board