Arts, crafts and such in Windsor, Berkshire*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Windsor.
Arts, crafts and such
- King Edward Court and the station have got lots of artsy crafty shops where you can get stone thinks and shiny metal things from all over the globe. One shop is owned by a south african woman who has a love affair with amber... hlf her shop is amber stuff and the other half is VERY cool... in King Edward Court right by the back exit to Waitrose.
- Bloody everywhere for the tourists, god i hate them!
- Windsor Arts Centre - anything from Morris Dancin' to Thrash - good venue but check who's playing before you go.
- Chickenbus in town would like to think itself a worthy crafts shop: it isn't. A nasty new age crystal shop replaces the hallowed spot where Revolution records once stood. The Arts Centre puts on exhibitions which can be fantastic or dreadful.
- Windsor Theatre Guild - Drama Production Group (Reg Charity) see http://thrill.to/windsortheatreguild for more info New members needed on stage and backstage.
Theatre Royal has many pre-west end shows.
Windsor Arts Center - lots cool acts get in here.
- Developing Amateur Writers Network (DAWN). A weekly writers group for new and aspiring writers. Meets at the Windsor Arts Centre. More info at http://www.richardhill.co.uk/dawn or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board