Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Windsor, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Windsor.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Mantra Club
- Quite a few.
- everybody here wants to be a celebrity. they take that sort of thing very seriously. Especially all the blond bimbos they all think that they are celebrities
- The queen sometimes lives here.
- Brian May lives in Windlesham, not Windsor.
- Michael Caine and family lived on the river for years... just to the left of the motorway bridge that takes you to slough.
- Newest resident - Anna Friel and hubby
- Elton John, Brian May, Jimmy Page, Natalie Imbruglia, Rolf Harris, Ben Chaplin etc. For some reason Windsor is a bit like Stella Street in that respect.
- Natalie Imbruglia; Anna Friel; David Thewlis - all around the St Leonard's Road area, apparently!
- In 1975 I saw Kenneth Williams (Carry On) coming out of Barclay's Bank at the top of Peascod St. I'm sorry to say he was quite pissed.
- Somewhere it was mentioned about the Big Issue seller outside Bodyshop...his name is Alton, to learn more about him at www.king.ac.uk/~k994545. This is some guy !!!
- The queen-duh!
- Nobody's mentioned "Her Maj." I can't believe ol' Lizzy's been left out!
- Don't know of any but famous faces have been spotted, Jimmy Page in a record shop and Tesco's - buying Mighty White bread I am told in good faith... Rod Hull, literally weeks before his tragic death, and Russell Grant were both spotted in a cookery shop.
- Elton John
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2013-02-08
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board