Cheap Food in Windsor, Berkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Windsor.
- Misugo, Japanese restaurant on St Leonards Road... friend recommended it to me ..and i am glad i went...small cosy restaurant with a romantic atmosphere.. and it does all kinds of raw fish ..the nigiri and sushi is so fresh..the dessert was really nice too.. pear & ginger cheesecake?
- Go to the cafe's at the end of Peascod Street. Most restaurants are ok in Windsor, but Uncle Sams is over priced.
- Antalya is a true Turkish Delight - excellent food, setting and service
- The Hong Kong on the road parralell to the padestrianalised part of the high street by the big multi-storey car parc.
- 100s of restaurants. Every taste of food. Viceroy does excellent curries, China Town take away a fabulous sweet and sour king prawn. But my number one is the thai opposite the arts centre - a fantastic 3 course meal for £30 (2 people).
- God is this that much of a tourist town, whaddya want, it has everything!
- Lots - but you will have to fend off tourists in the summer! The train station has a "Covent Garden" sort of trendy feel - but beware of High "trendy" prices. The latest addition to the complex is La Tasca - however if you want to try authentic Spanish Tapas try somewhere else, there is nothing authentic about paella with brocolli!!!!!
- Reasonable selection. I like the Viceroy in St. Leonards road, although one of my mate's swears he got food poisoning there - he prefers the Red Rose. Chinese takeaways etc. McSh*t is here unfortunately.
- Corner Bar and Upstairs restaurant is THE place to go this spring. Newly opened wit a £5 admission charge but then all food is at cost plus VAT and works out really reasonable.
- Loads (all sorts)
- Al Fassia - good but quiet Moroccan restaurant in St Leonard's Road La Taverna - lovely Italian food but a bit expensive there's a Belgian cafe at the station which serves good coffee & cakes
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board