Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Windsor, Berkshire*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Windsor.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Loads. Avoid Bar One, it's rubbish. Chgicagos is good, Bronx is the best though, looks rubbish but good in there.
- Supernova is the best because it is the least pretentious and most friendly and was until recently was fortunate enough to have a remarkable absense of townies and squaddies and pikeys (who seem to have this incredible idea they are better than others but are just too stupid to realise how stupid they are)but that's starting to change now
- Two more clubs in Windsor these days are 1. The Scotch bar, open till late, more a late twenties type club 2. Supanova, a gay friendly club; both can be found underneath the train arches. Mirage is now called liquid and owned by that evil called Luminar, still is a teen type club and id is needed by everyone (even oaps)
- Mirage night club is huge... some famous DJ's play there and they have lots of levels and chill-outs with different sounds... also black nights. It's not quite Heaven but it's ok for a small town. Windsor has dozens of fun pubs! (well over a hundred bars in all)
If you want to mingle with those who are 100 times richer than you... try Harpoon Louis club (rumoured to be part owned by George Lucas) at the bottom of peascod street and just around to the right... I saw a chart singer there... she was on top of the pops that same week... and some of chelsea football club (wear good shoes or you wont get in)
- Bronx - small, dark, and smelly - but cheaper than most of Windsor's pubs, music ok - if there was a fire though, you'd die.
Harpoon Louis - a good laugh, music good BUT drinks very expensive and members only.
Mirage - now reopened as 'Liquid' (I think) - a bizarre place before with a massie stage and poor accoustics.
Chicago Rock - absolutely stinks of sick, full of drunken old hags and be prepared to pay £4 for a crappy cheap alchopop - only go in if you're hammered!
- Mirage -> Any drug you like
Chicago's -> More for the girlies who are up for it!
The Bronx -> Last resort for the alchaholics that can't get in anywhere else
Harpoon Louis's -> Strictly for th good looking upmarket people who blow their monthes wages on a saturday night on coke and a bird they won't shag
Scotch Bar -> Actually a nice place, but half a german lager for 3 quid, behave yourself!
- Mirage in William Street is THE worst club in the UK, perhaps an overwhelming statement but undeniably true. It's full of townie idiots fighting and stabbing each other to the sound of UK garage, lovely. The Bronx is small and a bit of dump, but it can be quite fun in there sometimes. London and Reading are so close by train...
- You forgot good old Chicago's......plays great old booty shakin' music, 60s and 70s.
- The Bronx
Chicago Rock cafe
- The Monarchy "Formally Mirage", has recently opened following a 'refurbishment', if thats what you call it. The owners have taken out the old crappy House music that was there before and have replaced it with Garage. Having been the first two weeks of opening I can say that security has been tightened, therefore a lack of two things - 1) Less nippers/ underage drinking & 2) A smaller chance of getting shot (last time I went they used the proper metal detecters whilst searching people!). I think that The Monarchy has definately got better & if they keep bringing in the top DJ's and MC's in they can't go wrong. £20 to get in is a bit steep though, we're not in London you know!!!!
- Mirage has re-opened under a new name. But I can't remember what its called.And hopefully u wont get shot.
- And what's wrong with Golf Clubs?
- Mirage the best club in the south if you want to get shot..
- Mirage (under 16s); Harpoon Louie's (cabin crew) & the Bronx Club (very drunk people - highlight is its outstanding Manhattan skyline fashioned from fluorescent stickers)
- Mirage features KISS FM DJs.
- There is a total of 3 clubs in Windsor, obviuosly there is the commonly know Mirage, which host the House of Windsor nights, relatively expensive, not too friendly crowd, sometimes cheezy but a "real" club. There is, just around the corner, The Bronx, seedy, very small, Pub type club. Lots of UV light etc. There is also Harpoon louis, over 30 set up - members only. Cant comment, never been. Recently next door to Mirage is a Chicago Rock cafe, all very simmilar, but this one is better than the Maidenhead version, bigger queues as well...
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board