Buskers, Street Entertainers in Windsor, Berkshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Windsor.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Editor of Windsor Xpress is a real freak - she's a scary lady!!!!!!
- Mark Handley..a local character and a bit of an ageing rocker who sings to any girl who catches his eye, busks in Peascod Street on a regular basis..can also be found in Slough High Street.He is a bit of a plonker but all the locals love him and a gig he played at recently..Markfest was well attended and enjoyed by all.
- Big Issue Seller outside M&S. Very nice, help her out.
- There's some random guy in a wizard hat who makes balloon models for small children in Peascod Street.
- Rodders is still licking his gravy of the plate.
- Theres some wierd guy who sometimes sets up and sings, plays the guitar etc in the middle of the high street, some times some chinese people (i think) come down and play some pipe instrumants which are very good.
- Really funny busker by the name of Mark Handley. AWFUL!!! Actually mimes to backing tracks. He's now been spotted in Maidenehead high street, so he must be like, touring, or something.
- the classical girl string quartet BOND used to busk in Windsor Central station.
- Just read the bit on Knowhere about the street entertainer in Windsor who is aweful and wears a funny hat, and dances etc. Saw him once when a chinese guy, busker seemd to have pinched his pitch. Chinese guy was playing one of those stringy things with a backing tape. Anyway matey was remonstrating with him but the funny part was he had his lunch, a large banana in his hand, he kept shaking it at the chinese guy, then retreating, then thinking of a further insult and returning to wave the banana again. If those two had written the act and dun it every day theyd make a fortune.
- Where ekse can you get a quintet playing the theme from Superman, and you wander why we drink so much!
- Most have been encouraged to move to Slough - however the ballon sculptures lady seems to do a good trade!
- Godawful man in a jester hat who comes up & sings to you. Someone should jam his radio mic sharpish.
- Barrington, blokie with balloon barrel, makes the kids laugh. And another very funky lady with painted clogs who does balloons who got evicted from Barrington's spot, it seems. Bah! Barrington comes from Legoland. Do not go here unless you are a small child.
- the maddest Big Issue seller ever encountered (outside Body Shop) - very loud, very friendly.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2008-02-27
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board