Live Music Venues in Windsor, Berkshire*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Windsor.
Live Music Venues
- Henry on Sunday night is quite good - less twats than other places - but it can get a bit busy
- Still the arts centre, god do we need more venues in Windsor
- Sometimes at the youth center there is a heavy metal gig.
- Windsor Arts Centre in St Leonard's Road is definitely the best place for live music. Lots of touring international musicians, but even better are the open mic evenings in the FireStation Bar or the auditorium or Studio: Mondays 9-11 are acoustic and mellow with singers, musicians and poets, (some) Tuesdays are great jazz; Wednesdays are plugged-in open mic nights and Sundays feature local musicians doing 'spots' plus some open mic.
- Windsor Arts Centre. Acoustic nights are fucking awful. Just a load of fucking middle aged people who never got over the 60's. For many of them, that was the last time they had a fucking job. Gotta check out the compere on Sundays. Ageing hippie with bandana, dungarees, and CND badges. His songs are just sublime (Ban the cosmic bomb, man!). If you want a good night out, don't go there. Spotty kids wearing Limp Biskit tops, sitting on stools, trying to play Nirvana songs, even through the stupid bastards are probably thinking that was the band Avril Lavigne was once in. Utter shite! Tear the fucking place down!
- The Old Court, you were there as a kid going yes m'laud, now you can go their and just get wasted.
- Live free music on Sunday nights at the Windsor Arts Centre, St. Leonards Rd. Good stocks of ice cold flavored Snapps in the freezer! And cheep!
- The Old Trout used to have live music run by Phil Hanks but he's gone and so has the Old Trout so now they've got a micro-brewery in there. I say bring back the music. We can get our beer from anywhere.
- Windsor Arts Centre is THE music venue. The young guy who runs the events is a top kid. Putting on local acts it (along with Running Frog Studios) supports the local music scene, literally single handedly.
The Old Trout was a wonderful place that shut down in 1995 when Inde Coope brewery got there evil money grabbing finger's on it.
- Have you ever been to the old ticket office in the Windsor Riverside Station, well worth checking it out, have had some great nights there...........the bands I've heard have been awesome, the variety of music played is different every weekend so pulls in a great mix of people everytime you go.
- The old trout has been closed for about 3 years - in its place is the Fort and Firkin. Don't forget to visit the arts centre in St Leonards road.
- Theatre Royal - Tribute bands and stuff.
- Alexandra Gardens bandstand
- Bring back the Old Trout!
- The Old Trout is sadly no more. What now lies there is a "pub" called the Fort & Firkin. Although they serve good beer there, they now have bouncers on the doors letting very few people in at a time. The pub is now much larger, and as a consequence, there appears to be no more room for bands to play there - the place where they did play is now drinking area. All in all, it has potential to be a good pub, but is now a mere shadow of its former self and is one of the largest piles of pants in the area. Visit the Hobgoblin in Maidenhead instead. That's a cracking pub which serves cracking beer!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board