Record Shops in Windsor, Berkshire*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Windsor.
- Visit Svengalis..up the stairs...Peascod street..new and vintage records...interesting guy runs the shop....mmmm!
- HMV is way better than any other record shop (ok there is only one other) but a little expensive. if you want anything worth having you are best going to london!
- Svengali on Peascod Street - the COOOOLEST record store ever run by the most interesting person I have ever met...anything you want, he can get it for you. It's across the street from...The Gap....
- I go to virgin which is on the high street.
- Gone is that oh so perfect memorial to all things vinyl that was ...
Why, oh why, oh why?!?!?! Why did you close, Mr Revolution Records chappy? I loved your shop. I couldn't leave without buying something.
Most saturdays after coffee at Grabba Jabba's I'd wander down Peascod St, cross the road at the crossroads (coincidence? I think not!) and spend my hard earned (scrounged) cash on some piece of vinyl or other.
A crystal shop?!?! What in God's name is the world coming to!?!?!?!
- None really except Tower Records - a dark dank and expensive shop.
- One in Peascod Street. Pronounced Pesscod, so no peas please Louise. Cant remember the name. Also a Virgin, probably only one in Windsor
- Whatever happened to Revolution Records. That bloke who ran it was in a world of his own.
- There was Revolution Records (known as the blue shop, with the coughing man to many), but that shut down in 1999, and a little piece of Windsor died with it. Go to Reading or Twickenham instead for independants.
- Excellent record shop in St Leonard's Road HAS CLOSED and been converted into a crystal emporium - how useful!
- Regular record fairs at The Arts Centre
- Sadly Revolution Records has gone, but around the corner is Medina where the bloke who ran Revolution records may still be selling...
- Our Price its brilliant.
- small, interesting shop down St Leonard's Road sells all types of music - good for a browse.
- There is Our Price, Woolworths, WH Smith and if you go down Peascod Street cross over in St Leonards Road, Revolution Records is on the left. Does CDs cheaper, stocks Dance vinyl. Has new and used Vinyl.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dave in Windsor, helen, Stacy, Joe Bailey, Richard Hill, Kerry Holdstock, phil, ross savage, Dan Morton, Diane Roscoe, Graham Spoard, sean, Bilal Bhatti, Duke of Nothing, iain, Stu, Mat, Robert Shea, Peter connolly, Mick Sliver, WTG, daz, anonymous, sam, Jack, Twink, generic, Spidlington Spod, Gary, Alex, DONNA, dave, Steve Bond, Mark, Stacey, Jen, Joey Dangerously, Mike Bennett, Kath Hollister, Cooky, CJ, jon young, cli4d, Richard, hannah, Alan Hogg, Tessa Hyams, Simon, Caroline, Ed Waddington, Jamie Ingram, leah weal, anon
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Windsor
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Windsor Knowhere Board