Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Witham, Essex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Witham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Graham Hedman UK Sprinter (400m)
- ALBERT POULTER,AUTHOR OF WITHAM HISTORY BOOK. DOROTHY SAYERS.
- Dorothy L. Sayers. dead novelist
- Kat from eastenders lives here
- Becky skinley (AKA Colour Girl)- top garage singer went to Rickstones school
and frequented the albert and the pool club mainly to do gigs with former band
the vibe tribe, Also Darren Woodford from Sunscreem drank in the albert!
- Dorothy L Sayers the novelist.
- Jimmy Saville used to frequent Coopers Bar. (Jingle-Jangle-Jewellery)
- Dunno how famous he is these days but there was a guy called Eddie Hall who is a racing driver in Japan and he used to hang out at the Albert on Thursday night
- A drunken Danny Baker can sometimes be seen downing a few beers in some of the Newland Street pubs.
- The 'toughest game in the world' character from the hit TV show 'The Fast Show' was based on a bloke that goes to Spread Eagle.
- Dorothy L. Sayers - novelist (Lord Peter Wimsey)
In 1929 purchased and moved into 22 Newland Street. Died in 1957
- Jim Davies (pitchshifter, Prodigy)
- Penn and Teller (the famous magicians) used to hang out at the Spread Eagle pub.
Usually on a Friday night.
- I am not sure what they are famous for but there are three blokes that hang out at The George on a Wednesday. I am sure I have seen in the background of photographs taken at celebrity hang-outs.
- Some bloke that played guitar for The Prodigy went to Witham Sixth Form
- In the past a number of celerities have been known to hang out at Coopers Bar (Bramston Sports Centre) including Neil Pearson who played Dave Charnley in 'Drop The Dead Donkey'
- Mike Reid's son used to go to school at Rickstones
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jimini, Samantha Dilby, Phil Gyford, Danny Clark, matt, Lauren Bailey, John Walker, jacko, emma sullivan, Derek Wash, generic, Total Fusion, Steve Watson, PAUL, Dave, moanaliza, Saul Krappe, Mary Holding, Mr jones, Toby Easthope, ky, Natalie, Allison Mann, andy, madmic, David Coner, Rachel, david parker, Tom Hewitt, Steve Everitt, fred, ben, TOM PROGRESS, Avril Bell, Ss, Camp Dave
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Witham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Witham Knowhere Board