Cheap Food in Wokingham, Berkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Wokingham.
- TESCO VALUE BOIO
- burger king and regulation Kebab
- Pizza Express serve up some pretty lush grup
- stable cafe
- mmm.... food. er.. Waitrose, Tesco's,Marks nd Spencers... +more
- BARBECUE KING ON READING ROAD IS LITERALLY OUR VERY OWN BARBECUE KING - GOD BLESS HIM!!
- pizza, curry, chinese take aways all over wokingham
- The Hideout is a good place to go of a weekday lunchtime - so long as it's warm enough to sit outside, and assuming you can find it. Good, cheap Thai food. The pasty shop isn't bad (better than almost everywhere else outside of Cornwall).
- Watch out for that kebab van near the holt school.. you might eat ok, but i keep on catching them picking their nose or going for a piss behind the van or behind the bushes for further reasons... AND THEY DONT WASH THIER HANDS!!!
- Theres a few good chippies here, golden valley, and the haka chineas is ok
- take aways are ace!
- The best Chinese? Haka. The best chinese after a hard night in Reading? the China Garden. Best Kebab - Barbeque King (just in the opposite direction to home!!) Fancy a curry after the beers? Taj Mahal (If Pickard and the rest of the old forest boys haven't taken all the seats!!)
- Curry curry and hmmm MORE CURRY! my favorite place is The Royal India it does a mean Phall ;D
- loads of food places but not many any good. let me take you on a trip
First we have the pasty shop -crap service the ginga woman is rude and bossy she cant keep any staff (not suprised) and by the time u get it its cold.
theres the patisery which is good great service with a smile( and a wink if u know what i mean)nothings to much trouble there unlike that ginga at pasty place.
we also got greggs hot food not recommended- they seem to have a problem with the ovens?
and theres applebys - the owner stavros mmm well he sports a great mullet .If your lucky u can sit next to the resident nutter whos called PADDY the window cleaner-he is barking im sure its his water they make the tea from?
try the thei-the teak house, what a load of hype!if there open you can experience the original thei experience NOT slow service slow everything exept cash bundled to the council nudge nudge
- Rose St. An excellent restauraunt serving a la carte food in a chic environment. A must if you have a few hundred pounds to blow!
- Applebys is the dirtiest place i have ever seen but it is an important part of wokingham, with out wokingham would turn into a ghost town and poor old greek god sally applebys would have to do hes womanising somewhere else
- There's some OK food, but I'd recommend the Kebab van down by Firstbowl - especially if you want the 'diet' option - guaranteed runs every time!
- A couple of little Italian jobs and loads of curry houses make up the restaurants in Wokingham - Haka isn't bad chinese takeaway
- tescos cafe (cold,burnt,value shit)
- The Kebab van on Reading Rd, between St. Pauls an the YOuth Centre
- the taj mahal indian cuisine is the ultimate in curry houses. i've never tasted a tastier curry. try the chicken pahl, this is too hot to put on the menu!
- We tried the new Thai Restaurant where Lucans Bistro used to be, Food was great but very pricey,
- Two sausuage rolls for a quid an 5 pence. Available at greggs. Used to be 95 pence ohhh. Also known loacally as "liquid Meat" your'll see, taste why !
- Assam - Nepalese and Indian. Go there. Very good.
Taj mahal - very friendly staff armed with lighters.
Balti - better food than the taj but waiters are a little more serious.
Wokingham Tandoori - avoid
Pizza Express - gorgeous home made pizzas. Yummy.
- Applebys:- Go there if you like eighties greek style Mullets. I found my first grey pube the other day............In a burger from here!
- Nuff Indians, innit? All quite pricy but good nosh. There is a Burger King drive-thru. Best Chinese Takeaway is China Garden next to the station. Employee of the month works there and the Chow Mein is tops.
In the centre, Appleby's has a prime location, but no decent food. The staff are all hairy, especially the feamles. Not for the faint hearted or the sober.
- My name is ANDREW BINGHAM son of JOHN.W.BINGHAM,and he owns "LUCANS BISTRO" THE best place to eat in Wokingham, but you had better hurry to get one last meal cos the BANK is forcing him to close,they have no heart.So if you like good food,good drinks,and the best host in town,get to "LUCANS BISTRO" NOWWWWWWWWWWW
- Marylines Resatuarant at Cantley Park - recommed the Ostrich streaks and quiet atmosphere. Rose St wine bar - excellent food in a really small restaurant.
- Tescos is without doubt the centre of the universe foodwise, but watch out as there is an M&S being built on the site of the old Waitrose
- The new Cornish Pasty shop on Peach Street (opposite Applebys) serves really good pasties. Yum yum.....
- There is a wicked kebab van by the Holt School, where they put mint sauce in with the chilli sauce. It's dead nice. There's also a drive thru' Burger King over the fence from Aztecs.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Steven Long, Blozo, jim hughes, Travis, LAURA BUCKENHAM, Bobby, nick ashwell, dave rolo, Tommy V, james hams, g, rick, Elizabeth Emmerick, Gary Hutchinson, Ryan Ingram, Richard Philips, david holder, Dan, tom, 14, MCLEMENTS, Karl, MikeH, Fenella Watts, steven yates, Steve Ray, g0d, Ma-Donna, gus, Clare, daniel mahony, John McKenzie, jownee, Eleanor van Emden, Hap Hapablap, mark methven, Debby, Nick, Paul, norman, john hadfield, I.P. Freely, art, drail, Greg, adge p, fred dowling, Matt (Goldenpipe), Steve Mann, Heather, Alan partridge, alex starkey, vicki, Claremont, nicola, anon, Lucy Quarterman, Graham Smith, speck, smurf, Darren Smith, anonomous, Craig Johnson, mr Big Dog, tank, Paul Travers, wellcoolbuds, steve kingett, lyndsey pietras, john callaghan, matt, Top Cat, me, anonymous, Christopher small, chiq, Tash, H, james pickard, Ryan, angel, marion ednas, generic, emma hay, Danny, Rach, DONNA, stephen smith, Sam, Mark, Tierry Henry, S Painter, Dan Anders-Brown, Adam, Rachel, James Wyper, Angela, david higginson, Dale Edmunds, Kate, donnafan, Scott Madill, Geoff Miller, Mark Laing, Mar Clark, Mat Wood, kathryn, gemma deakin, Hannah, Rob, SARAH, Richard_Fogarty, lisa, Pete Bailey, justin Gates, Patrick Harte, Ivan, harry, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Wokingham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wokingham Knowhere Board