Skateboarding Spots in Wokingham, Berkshire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Wokingham.
- argos: 7 set with rails, under cover too, across the street is a bank with a wallride, and tucked just round the corner from that are some small asortments of stairs.a brick hip down that road running parrell to argos.
at the top of norreys ave, next to the church is what we like to call the old peoples bank: brick bank, steepish quite fun.
emmbrook secondary school, not too great, fun sometimes though.
the council building has some sets o' stairs and fun wally-able car ramp things
st pauls school, benches various different one,s not really worth a visit.
down carey road there's a small 2 stair manual pad thats good for sliding too, lipslide pop-outs etc.
next to the tudor house surgery are some difficult banks with a channel gap thats yet to be done.
holt school if your gay, stairs etc
molly millars industrial estate, 13 and 6 stair sets, with rails, a wasteland which used to be fun, and some weird manual pad things going up the road on the left of the wasteland if your standing face on to it
- police station, long hill, molly millars and eastheath avenue industrial estates
- The woods (Simons Wood) in Finchampstead is good as there are loads of jumps and things deep in the woods you just gota find them past heritage (the nudist camp)!
- marks and spencers car park when it was waitrose, and tescos lifts- tvi's ruled from the queen of the idiots !
- ermm the old tesco car park (the new carpark now) but that was always good. Also St Dusbins ramps (st crispins) they where quite good. Also the old tesco (in town) the stairs there. get a big piece of wood put it agains the stairs and u got one amazin slope to do shit off.
- the st crispins ramps are crap but good for learning and stuff, outside argos is good and behind the council building down shute end there are 2 sets 3 sets and a long 4 set and a waxed to hell curb, sometimes get kicked out though and behind tescos r a few small set of stairs with the odd one waxed
- howard park and ELM PARK!!!!!!!!!!!! no ramps but het its a great place!
- About the Egg advert, the Granny was John Martin - nice guy good skater from US on a visit. Pixie Dean was the hottest, John was the owners son, Paul Travers & Adrian Jackson were some of the first to skate in town, Tony Alva, Stacey Peralta and Bobby Peircey all visted Skateworld skate park which is now long since gone. The half pipe was moved to Aldershot, Hants (may still be there).
- St. Crispins half-pipes r ok - i broke me leg there - :) but around town there r sum cool spots - eg: the steps outside Argos.
- Mostly around the town centre and in the old tescos area or at the ramps by crispins.
- half pipes outside crispins school r a bit crap really and you allways manage to find a load of pikeys dealing just about everyting!
- The Cadbury Cream Egg skating Granny was made at Skateworld in Wokingham and he was a lad who had moved over temporarily with his parents from the states. I know cause I was one of the lads following along behind!! I also used to more or less live at the place.
- Anvil Court near the libraby - top level of the old Tesco's car park - Old librabry Youth club
- Two old Rareunit ramps at St. Crispin's Sports Center. 4ft Mini only 8ft wide (pony) and 16ft wide 6ft midi ramp. All metal, huge coping on both. The coping on the Midi has been flattened through BMX abuse and is now pretty dangerous to skaters, good for a big ollie/earlygrab session, lip tricks are pure A&E fodder.
- Their is a crazy concrete pond that we skated in the front garden of a house down Molly Millar's lane. It was summer and so dry as a bone. It's only about a foot and a half deep, with nice little trannies. Christ knows what the owners thought when they came back from holiday to find their pond swept clean.
- There is a ramp at St Crispin's School
- near wokingham there is a little place called Crowthorne .once apon a time there was a place called wellington collage and it had a 35 set with low hand rail and two triple sets in a row a concrete street divider which is very grindable a six set to two set to three set. Outside of wellington collage there is a curb waxed to infinity down near the doctors surgery which has a massive curb grass bank down slope situation.
- Rareunit 16' wide mini, 8' wide 4' high mini. The mini ramps are located at the side of St Crispins sports centre, next to St Crispins school. During the winter they are only open weekends and school holidays.
- There was a concrete park here in the seventies. The Cadbury's Cream Egg "Skating Granny" advert was supposed to have been shot there.
- I was the Skate boarding granny, the advert was shot at the skate park that was owned by the Predgen family behind Wokingham Town Football club in about 1980.
- Also a good idea to look at Bracknell.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Steven Long, Blozo, jim hughes, Travis, LAURA BUCKENHAM, Bobby, nick ashwell, dave rolo, Tommy V, james hams, g, rick, Elizabeth Emmerick, Gary Hutchinson, Ryan Ingram, Richard Philips, david holder, Dan, tom, 14, MCLEMENTS, Karl, MikeH, Fenella Watts, steven yates, Steve Ray, g0d, Ma-Donna, gus, Clare, daniel mahony, John McKenzie, jownee, Eleanor van Emden, Hap Hapablap, mark methven, Debby, Nick, Paul, norman, john hadfield, I.P. Freely, art, drail, Greg, adge p, fred dowling, Matt (Goldenpipe), Steve Mann, Heather, Alan partridge, alex starkey, vicki, Claremont, nicola, anon, Lucy Quarterman, Graham Smith, speck, smurf, Darren Smith, anonomous, Craig Johnson, mr Big Dog, tank, Paul Travers, wellcoolbuds, steve kingett, lyndsey pietras, john callaghan, matt, Top Cat, me, anonymous, Christopher small, chiq, Tash, H, james pickard, Ryan, angel, marion ednas, generic, emma hay, Danny, Rach, DONNA, stephen smith, Sam, Mark, Tierry Henry, S Painter, Dan Anders-Brown, Adam, Rachel, James Wyper, Angela, david higginson, Dale Edmunds, Kate, donnafan, Scott Madill, Geoff Miller, Mark Laing, Mar Clark, Mat Wood, kathryn, gemma deakin, Hannah, Rob, SARAH, Richard_Fogarty, lisa, Pete Bailey, justin Gates, Patrick Harte, Ivan, harry, Steve
Last updated: 2009-11-19
More stuff about Wokingham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wokingham Knowhere Board