The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Wokingham, Berkshire*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Wokingham.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- There is nowhere to go out with a drink without ordering food for under 18s.
- hello my name is mark methven and im a community warden for the district. i would appreshiate if you gys who sk8 would contact me and tell me what you want and where. contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full of the wanabe rich, who live off credit, and actually own nothing.
- Gorse Ride South Estate, Finchampstead, is becoming a very nice estate, situated between the Nine Mile Ride, California Crossroads and Barkham Ride. The estate, a mix of council owned and privately-owened properties, was originally built in 1970 as a temporary measure (hence the wooden-cladded timber-framed buildings as they are) but are now deemed as permanent properties. Both houses and bungalows are built in the same "Swedish-style". In the latter part of the 1980's and up until 1999 the estate did have a reputation for being rather "rough", but has now changed, and is becoming quite a pleasant area.
- We love this town and would protect it with our lives!
- We love this town and would protect it with our lives!
- i was told that woodward close winnersh was a wonderfull area to live no council tenants so very quiet but may i say having moved there two months ago i am very disappointed it has a group of boys the whearst being a kid called ashley that go round taking things out of gardens and shouting at people picking on younger children and doing grafite all over the place so thick twice before you move there i wish i had
- on wednesdays zappas hair salons do a training night, its really good, zappas is down beanoak road or by woolies.
- loads of dealers
- its home!!!!!
- bitches-ahh, some of the wokingham girls is fine.
Jan Ford(mentioned opening page) is now Jan Seal having married safeways head baker.
- there are no pikies in wokingham.cirius close is not rough because it's new and ive never seen any 14 year olds with pushchairs there. wokingham is a posh town.
- cirius close is not pikey, its on a boring housing estate and the crime iz very low.
- Embrook ran from Forest '86
- Wokingham - It's a drugged up dive with fuck all to do, no-where to skate, and no future. But the graffiti scene is doing ok - please, everyone, come to our town and graff the place up - it can only look better than the shit produced by NUA and FARO!
- The wannabes that hang about the field off Toutley Road. They hang by the bench, smoking gear, drinking cheap cider (though not from AVADA cos they won't sell alcohol!!!!)
- Where is Sharpey?
- great hardware store in wokingham
- An area of Bracknell is actually called Great Hollands. This just so unappropriate. There is nothing great about it and I'd love all the residents to be shipped off to Holland.
- I proposed to my husband in the gutter of Molly Millars Lane!!
- Additional sport - big (80+ members ) archery club at Cantley park, really good football and Hockey facilities and very large car boot sales.
- 'Blind Terror', a 60's horror flick starring Mia Farrow as the main character and Michael Elphick as the baddy was totally filmed in and around Wokingham. Watch out for the groovy dancing in a pub scene that was filmed in the Red Lion. Also interesting as the old railway station building can be seen in the film, which was replaced by the disgusting concrete monstrosity of today!
- Wokingham is in Berkshire, not Surrey as your listing states!
- I used to live in Wokingham for one year in 1984/85 and I enjoyed it very much. I was an assistant teacher at Ryeish Green School, south of Reading. One of the regulars at the Queen's Head was (or still is, I don't know) Mervyn Boniface - one of the most famous cricket players of Hurst Cricket Club. If he reads this: get in touch with me email@example.com! LONG LIVE WOKINGHAM FOOTBALL CLUB (hopefully one or two leagues higher)!
- Part of Superman was shot at the Phoenix Plaza bowling alley, it's the scene where Superman blows the small kids bowling ball down the alley and it smashes the pins.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Steven Long, Blozo, jim hughes, Travis, LAURA BUCKENHAM, Bobby, nick ashwell, dave rolo, Tommy V, james hams, g, rick, Elizabeth Emmerick, Gary Hutchinson, Ryan Ingram, Richard Philips, david holder, Dan, tom, 14, MCLEMENTS, Karl, MikeH, Fenella Watts, steven yates, Steve Ray, g0d, Ma-Donna, gus, Clare, daniel mahony, John McKenzie, jownee, Eleanor van Emden, Hap Hapablap, mark methven, Debby, Nick, Paul, norman, john hadfield, I.P. Freely, art, drail, Greg, adge p, fred dowling, Matt (Goldenpipe), Steve Mann, Heather, Alan partridge, alex starkey, vicki, Claremont, nicola, anon, Lucy Quarterman, Graham Smith, speck, smurf, Darren Smith, anonomous, Craig Johnson, mr Big Dog, tank, Paul Travers, wellcoolbuds, steve kingett, lyndsey pietras, john callaghan, matt, Top Cat, me, anonymous, Christopher small, chiq, Tash, H, james pickard, Ryan, angel, marion ednas, generic, emma hay, Danny, Rach, DONNA, stephen smith, Sam, Mark, Tierry Henry, S Painter, Dan Anders-Brown, Adam, Rachel, James Wyper, Angela, david higginson, Dale Edmunds, Kate, donnafan, Scott Madill, Geoff Miller, Mark Laing, Mar Clark, Mat Wood, kathryn, gemma deakin, Hannah, Rob, SARAH, Richard_Fogarty, lisa, Pete Bailey, justin Gates, Patrick Harte, Ivan, harry, Steve
Last updated: 2008-08-23
More stuff about Wokingham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wokingham Knowhere Board