The Worst Things in Wokingham, Berkshire*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Wokingham.
The Worst Things
- fake tan
- The attitude of some of the school aged children.
- getting on the train to Wokingham or fighting your way through the stupid one way system
- The amount of wannabe chav's that hang around outside Argos, littering the place and shredding the catalogues.
- The worst thing about wokingham is that overthe past few years it has deteriorated and fallen into the hands of the working class', but i think the rightful heirs to wokingham, the middle class' should take control of wokingham with a conservative uprising and destroy the loutish working class "chav's"
- A small town, mainly made up of small minded inbreds!
- all the pikeys who like to have a go out u as u walk past them nd find it gr8 fun to call u fat GO HOME BAK TO UR CARAVANS FUKIN PIKES!
- Hmmmm, the Pikeys
- ling's bed and breakfast in winnersh on reading road they get all the rough people that cause trouble in and around local area and just say we can do nothing to stop them we need to make a living
- Embrook and st. dustbins possibly two of the worst comprehensive schools around. The decent people went to forest and holt
- traffic congestion - especially lazy-arsed mothers on the school run! 16/01/03
- WOOSEHILL = PIKES
WINNERSH = PIKES
NORREYS AVENUE AND EUSTUS CRESENT = PIKES
- Who ever says sirius close and woosehill isnt pikey has got a screw loose, I fucking lived their!
- WOOSEHILL = PIKES
WINNERSH = PIKES
NORREYS AVENUE AND EUSTUS CRESENT = PIKES
- evil pikey's - some1 PLEZ get rid of them!
- lots of pikeys but they do congregate around norries
- Whinch boys are theivin bstads and are allways tooled up, and if one fights they all do. most Finch boys are brown eds alota muggin.Sick. I still like some finch boyz
- Speed cameras and speed bumps!! What is it with the Wokingham area that it is impossible to enjoy driving as the place is full of speed cameras in totally unreasonable places e.g. the road into Reading. Obviously done purely and simply to generate revenue. Honestly, with the number of fights in the town centre of a Friday and Saturday wouldn't money be better spent on CCTV, then I suppose none of the local councillors (or their off-spring)have been beaten up as yet.
- Anything to do with the Lord RAGLAN AS IT IS PANTS.
- you wokingham fuckers are all up you own arse.
Bracknelll has no pikies, only the fuckers that came out off wokingham.
Your all still living with you mums cause you can't handle life on your own, even though your well in to you 30,s.
I know i have lived in wokingham and now back in bracknell.
You should all grow up and get over your school views on bracknell as were the friendly ones.
Why don't you lot get a fucking life and take your head out off your arse!!
- the pikeys
- ALL OF THE GYPSIES WHO WONT BE AFFENDED BY THIS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET ONTO THE INTERNET. PLUS THEN THE INBRED MISFITS WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK IT BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL TO BUSY THEIVING TO LEARN TO READ AND WRITE. PLEASE WILL YOU ALL FUCK OFF AND LEAVE WOKINGHAM AND TAKE THE FINCH PIKIES WITH YOU. PLUS ALL OF THE PRICKS WHO START FIGHTS OUTSIDE SHITERNITY CAN FUCK OFF TOO, ESPEACIALLY MO YOU COCK SUCKING NIGER WANNABYTHANK AND GOOD NIGHT (ahh that felt good.
- woosehill + its fucking pikies
- Bracknell being so close!! They are slowly edging their way into town with their designer (fresh from the market) labels and their trendy fashion accessories (baby in a pushchair with a snotty nose and earrings!!)
- Not enough new women, get us more fresh women ;D
- Gorse Ride is not that a bad place, Norreys Avenue is ugly though. I mean, what ever made people build those horrible prefabs with the borwn tiled roofs that look like they've slipped down to the doors. But the prefabs at Gorse Ride South are much better - they're stronger, look better, and a much more decent, especially the bungalows - they're massiv.
- the graffiti problem is out of control. bracknell is a town where you'll expect alot of it but wokingham has tonnes more.
- near pikeyish bracknell.
i know that bracknell is worse than wokingham,but wokingham has the worst graffiti problem in the south east.
- SIRIUS CLOSE IZ NOT 100% PIKEY, COZ IT'S ON A POSH ESTATE. U JUST WANNA MAKE UR TOWN SOUND BAD.IT'S ACTUALLY 100% POOF AND IT'S NOT ROUGH.EVRYONE IN THE AREA KNOWS THAT WOKINGHAM HAS A REPUTATION FOR BEING POSH AND THATS TRUE
- The 'i will never leave wokingham and i love working in factorys' bunch of muppets who will never venture further than reading. Also the amount of rudeboys that have suddenly appeared in wokingham. Tossers.
- The pykies when they are skagged up.
- Emmbrook shops. Two tool and plant hire places, a poncy hairdressers, AVADA, a Chinese and a newsagent. Bring back that video shop!
- People from the Holt and Forest saying it was great there, but don't you wonder about all male and all female schools, all the people (most of Wokingham) did.....
Who's the best comp in wokingham, ahh St.Crispins !!!!!
- Gorse Ride, Norreys Avenue, Winnersh and Woosehill.
- Taxi drivers outside Eternity -
"The town hall please"
"I'm very sorry sir, where is that? Is it near Slough"!!!!!!!!!
- Drinking regularly in a pub for years - going away for a few weeks - returning and realising you don't know anyone in there...
- It is to close to Bracknell
- Wokingham is straight, white, middle-class, right wing, small minded, bigoted... need I say more? I lived here for the first 18 years of my life and am now lucky enough to be happily living in London. Unless you feel the 'qualities' listed above are good things I strongly suggest you avoid it. There. I feel much better now I've got that off my chest!
- The hoards of people who grew up there and have never left. Do they realise there is a world out there?
- placed in between bracknell and winnersh, both of which are pikey towns. woosehill also offers many pikeys.
the worst schools include emmbrooke and st.crispins. these are only inhabited with pikeys unlike forest and holt!
- public transport out of town aint often enough
- Bracknell is dangerously close to Wokingham and they tend to visit a bit too often for our liking. Bracknell folk or pikeys as the Wokingham massive affectionately call them are easily spotted by their fake cockney accents, black puffer jackets and unmistakable musty smell.
- townie fucks who think there the dogs bolloks
- Watching Dave Bassett come back of the bench for Chelsea against Wokingham and scoring a Goal. I don't know if it was a coincidence but Vinny Jones was also there the day they announced the seasons sponsors as Wokingham Pet food supplies.
- The Squaddies and the drunk 15 year olds who dominate the pubs at weekends. Also the muppets who never leave W'ham and therefore remain very small minded and alienated from the real world. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN THE RAGLAN.
- The traffic .... since the new Sainsbury's open in the Winnersh end of Wokingham (yes Winnersh is disappearing) the traffic is the pits man
- Worst thing: John Redwood. Sums up the overall atmosphere of the town - very blue, very right wing, and very intolerant of difference..
- Council tax is very expensive to cater for people who move their kids to W'ham for the education The last train back from London is at 11:30
- Gatso's everywhere (CCTV can't be far behind). The Woolworths delivery lorry blocking Peach Street when offloading (and adding to the already horrendous congestion problem). Still too close to that M4 corridor blot called Bracknell. House prices are way too high (although let me sell my place before they all drop)
- The traffic!!! Really needs to slow down traffic through Peach Street, Denmark Street and Broad Street. Silly to have people shopping beside fast moving cars.
- The town centre is boring...
- The traffic problem is still shit and getting worse, you ought to see the new lights at Shute End.
- The worst thing about Wokingham is that its grown far too quickly in the last 15 years. Loads of nice areas are being built on, and the town centre is far too small for the town. Other problems this causes are traffic, and villages like Winnersh, Finchampstead, and Barkham being swallowed up.
- A new Waitrose is being built: it is about the size of Gatwick airport. The new store is being erected in the space that has been hollowed out behind the old library and stretches from Rose Street to Rectory Road, yes street front to street front. Who the hell got that past town planners? I have heard plans to pedestrianise Broad Street, probably to land delivery planes through the night!!!
- Since I first saw Wokingham in the early 70s, the place has deteriorated badly. Then, it was a small market town with lots of character. Designated a development zone, the population has spiralled out of control. The countryside is now one huge 'mock-georgian' estate. When they built the M4 interchange, they didn't even put a bridge over it, cutting people off from the bit of nature left. The business rates became so high that only Estate Agents and Building Societies could afford them, forcing all the small businesses out. The town planners should be shot for what they did to this town.
- House Prices.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Steven Long, Blozo, jim hughes, Travis, LAURA BUCKENHAM, Bobby, nick ashwell, dave rolo, Tommy V, james hams, g, rick, Elizabeth Emmerick, Gary Hutchinson, Ryan Ingram, Richard Philips, david holder, Dan, tom, 14, MCLEMENTS, Karl, MikeH, Fenella Watts, steven yates, Steve Ray, g0d, Ma-Donna, gus, Clare, daniel mahony, John McKenzie, jownee, Eleanor van Emden, Hap Hapablap, mark methven, Debby, Nick, Paul, norman, john hadfield, I.P. Freely, art, drail, Greg, adge p, fred dowling, Matt (Goldenpipe), Steve Mann, Heather, Alan partridge, alex starkey, vicki, Claremont, nicola, anon, Lucy Quarterman, Graham Smith, speck, smurf, Darren Smith, anonomous, Craig Johnson, mr Big Dog, tank, Paul Travers, wellcoolbuds, steve kingett, lyndsey pietras, john callaghan, matt, Top Cat, me, anonymous, Christopher small, chiq, Tash, H, james pickard, Ryan, angel, marion ednas, generic, emma hay, Danny, Rach, DONNA, stephen smith, Sam, Mark, Tierry Henry, S Painter, Dan Anders-Brown, Adam, Rachel, James Wyper, Angela, david higginson, Dale Edmunds, Kate, donnafan, Scott Madill, Geoff Miller, Mark Laing, Mar Clark, Mat Wood, kathryn, gemma deakin, Hannah, Rob, SARAH, Richard_Fogarty, lisa, Pete Bailey, justin Gates, Patrick Harte, Ivan, harry, Steve
Last updated: 2009-11-19
More stuff about Wokingham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wokingham Knowhere Board