Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Wolverhampton, West Midlands*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Wolverhampton.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- somebody from Duran Duran came from Wolvo and Goldie was originally from Walsall.
There are loads of lesser known names who are big in the art world such as Aaron Bird aka Temper has done loads of stuff he was originally a graffiti artist, and Donald Brown, who now lives in America is a big time sculptor(you can look these guys up on google).
- Robert Plant.
- TECH TONY. THE MAN IN THE KNOW AT SOUNDMASTERS BILSTON. ANYTHING TO DO WITH SOUND AND HE'S YOUR MAN.
- Philip Solomon world famous psychic medium comes from Wolverhampton
- Dave Newton The Mighty Lemon Drops
- beverly night
- Spike out of the Quireboys now lives in bilston. he records and rehearses regularly at the soundfactory in bilston with the quireboys and his other band ufo. he shops in soundmasters too and him and the other guys are often in there. 2 of the guys out of elo get there guitars and stuff from soundmastes and rehearse at the soundfactory too.
- Loads in bilston with the big music shop and the robin 2 and the trumpet. you knever know who you might meet
- Kathryns Rowing Machine R.I.P. That famous Wolverhampton alt/emo/rock band who formed and split in 2003, after playing in excess of 12 gigs, including one at the Wulfrun Hall.
- doesnt tiffany, 80's icon and singer of 'i think were alone now' live just outside wolves. i heard she married a bloke from round here.
- LENNY HENRY is from dudley
- pete munslow aka hef. well known around the village of wombourne for his womanising ways. he has allegedly got something large?! it is said he is fearless and will ingest, imbibe, and inhale anything he can get his sweaty hands on. women beware! this man will bed you if your guard is down. you've been warned, girlX.
- The Sandkings, very good but criminally under-rated indie band from the late 80's/early 90's with Jas Mann from Babylon Zoo on vocals.
- isnt goldie from wolvo? and also one of the guys who wrote come on eileen - quality song
- Phil Groom-Bingo Caller Of The Year-Star of National Bingo Game ads on T.V.Lately to be heard on Beacon FM doing "Beacon Bingo".
- don't forget Eric idile of monty python fame came from wovehampton and managed
- ME I`m the bollocks man
- Steve Bull, Derek Dougan
- What about David Gray, isn't he from round here? and while i'm submitting, Dale Winton, really?
- Noddy "The Legend " Holder
- well noddy holder lives near there and so do's beverley knights brother
- Roy Wood (of 'Wizard' fame), who penned possibly the greatest Christmas song of all time. Strangely enough Slade, who created possibly the second greatest festive tune, are also from around these parts. Denise Lewis also jingles my bells. On a less welcoming note, im told we spawned Stan Collymore and Enoch Powell - sorry.
- i believe the drummer and manager of 'the wonderstuff' went to s.peter's school in compton. marvin johnson who plays footy for derby county used to go to the grammar school. my old games teacher at s.peter's was best man at ex-england manager graham taylor's wedding. and used to play for preston.
- ALSO has every one forgotten beverly knight i aint sure where about in wolvo she is from i think personally its penn. but how can any one forget a great voice like hers?
- All the Wolverhampton wanders players
- Has anyone seen the guy who sits outside Mcdonald wearing a tin cup round his neck,he is known as tin cup necklace man and Mr Bighead who sits on the benches outside Tescos wearing a Wolves coat most of the time.
- Jas Mann from Babylon Zoo (??!!)
- Beverly Knight, the singer, she always makes it back.
- Frazer Tranter, strong man. Sometimes see Ned's Atomic Dustbin members shopping.
- Dennis Turner, MP Campainer for the great british pint. (Class) His Daughter has great tastes in friends.I.E ME
Steve Bull, Crap Wolves player.
- Neds Atomic Dustbin are from Stourbridge
- ross milne the best bmxer in the world
- Robert Plant. Dave Hill !
- I'm sure Wolvo was home to some dude who shot a U.S. president at some point...?
- This guy may come under street entertainers but, the tramp who catches pigeons for his tea with a bit of roadwork fence deserves a prime-time slot
- The bloke who invented the postage stamp - or something like that once lived in wolvo. There is a plaque somewhere.
- S'funny, the people from Walsall are claiming Noddy Holder as their's as well ???
- Brian O'Gorman lived there, and was President of the Methodist Church. Cool.
- Peter Knowles. Brought up in Yorkshire, came to Wolverhampton to play for the local team - the Wolves.
Played for England during his Wolves days, which ended when he was 22 when he became a Jehovah's Witness.
Still lives in Wolverhampton.
- I remember the cowboy and old Ezra has been yelling "Reeeeepent" after me on a number of occasions - but does anyone remember the old scottish guy who used to walk around in full regalia - kilt and all?!
- stuffies, PWEI, neds, all of slade wolvo people are musical geniuses
- Denise Lewis is from Pendeford
- Dave Hill from Slade (yes the spooky looking one with bad fringe, which he also got in wolverhampton)
- Babylon Zoo
- Dale Winton, Tessa Sanderson
- Goldie also comes from wolverhampton - just to give the place a bit of credit!
- Dick French Artist
- Does anybody remember Ned's Atomic Dustbin? Yes, they're from W'ton.
- Who can forget Noddy Holder -- the ultimate Wolverhampton celebrity?
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: susan barans, ste, Beth, George, Vyki, *AmyC*, phil, martin, Bogdan, sean, Uncle Ruckus, Phil&Kerr, Gandy, ***, Roger, jay jay, Stevie T., J, Rich, Toastie, Rosa, Joel, slimsue, h king, Nicky Smith, danny, jon, Claire, Martin Hinsley, Nick Birch, Ricky Dehaney, ginge, andy p, Julie Robinson, steve lannin, Jak, Jeff, Nel, Natalie, jan, Barriej, chris b, ?????????, Laurz, ben greaves, glynis lofty, Tim Clark, Max Homer, Julie Wall, kait, Ginger Andy, WILF, Zim, Chris W, Gary Thomas, vik, Superman, Ruprecht Sphincter, chris, nicola, EMBERS, jim frensham, Rickthepick, Joyanta De, Andy Paciorek, harry millichamp, Barrie V, suzie, jasmyn green, Max, Graeme Allan, steve kingett, Steven Taylor, m0z, jess, Stu Mc, Mike, Kevin Hogan, hickory deadglove, jerrilove, H, Dave Williams, falcone, pete, valerie, tony, anette, Bina, Wendy, leanne fish, Sheryl, sash, nikki, Danny Allsort, new lad, sky club (silver web), Nyarl, paul hadley, jo, danny fields, marque, ben, mark flynn, pete munslow, Nathan, Michael Beckett, Alison, dominic, Neelam Jhumat, Shaun, kaione rigby, tom jemmett, dj glynnn, Richie Wall, Chris Jay, Mark Lawton, Sinbad, Dave A, joaney, bob marley, Robert Smith, Barry Smethwick, ?????, Zorba, dave_hilliard, E, meta, james, mark, ricky martin, Bobby McToolface, razmataz, StephANIE, rick, Davey Coolen, GD, ikobe wolf girl, Monica, Inga Turner, Phil ?, Steff, TC, Lucy Phillips, Emma, mf, jon buchan, dave, sue thomas, tOM, Chris Pindar, PM from T.O, Joe Williams, laura bould, lofty, B Rizzotto, Jim Shark, Matt Ashmore, Stuart Davies, Selena, jason, Paul, Jingbang, anna, James Peterson, roy, Mark Ramsden, mickeypearce, Stan, Ebo, Liz, A.M, ellie, Laura-Jayne Fuller, Amy, doug, Joana Teixeira, T Boss, claire L newbold, Jon Hopkins, Jennie, Steve Dawson, cheeky monkey bmx, robin, Max Petford, dan, Mike West, Ade, stu, dxjggf, Su, AA SYSTEMS, Clairee, dom giovanni, Emma Lou, sam, Fiona, Tony., kayt, Mr.R. C. Lue, Ryan, generic, fred jr, paul bradley, al crow, George evans, Blue rose, kc, Geri Shakespeare, don mclean, kitty kat, Candice, Dan C, Andy Turner, Simon Fullard, Julian Robinson, andy, Larry "The Dog" Lane, Dave Alexander, Celia Day, Rachel, Matt Smith, sq1, lara, David Belcher, Jaz and fooby, tom Sharpe, Michelle, jamie jenkins, lol, Rob, me of course, lisa, Barrie Jones, badsy, John, sarahmazloom, Stuart, Gavin, Helen Jones, jonny kaszuba, Steve, Earth Beater
Last updated: 2010-01-05
More stuff about Wolverhampton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wolverhampton Knowhere Board