Live Music Venues in Wolverhampton, West Midlands*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Wolverhampton.
Live Music Venues
- The only good thing (other than WWFC) about Wolverhampton is its msic venues. Civic and Wulfrun are very good and better than most venues in Birmingham.
- Upstairs at the Varsity. Saw Muse there years ago and they rocked!
- Cheeky monkey, wulfrun and civic hall.. i like cheeky monky its like 70's Disco, 80's Pop & Indie, Glam, Punk, Ska, think its about 3 quid or to get in..
- THE TRUMPET PUB. BILSTON. LIVE JAZZ EVERY DAY.
- civic, little civic, wulfrun...
- civic, little civic, walfrun hall
- robin 2 in bilston or the varsity or civic in wolves
- Robin 2 in bilston, the varsity in wolves and theres jbs in dudley.
- little civic aint bad
- Band Skills courses and School\of Rock at Soundmasters Bilston.
- Little Civic, Civic Hall, Wulfren Hall, The RObin 2 in Bilston...
- Civic and Wulfrun Halls, where i work, is for all the big bands. Little Civic and Varsity, and The Planet and The Canal Club for small bands. also Walkabout and The Giffard Arms do gigs every now and again. well they used to anyway.
- Robin 2 is ok. car park attendats let us in free. yey!!
- birmingham is your best bet for music! though the little civic does cheap gigs which are good to just listen to when you want a minimal night out! james brown was playing the big civic so wolverhampton can't be that bad!
- Not enough venues Little Civic,Wulfrun, Civic Hall obviously
- varsity stafford street website that works WWW.VARSITYVENUE.COM !
- varsity satfford street upstaires no ripoff door prices
- civic,little civic,wulfrun
- Just a quick line to let you know about a great guitar festival held here in the UK, organised by musicians for the music - "L'Esprit Manouche".
It has the sound of Django Reinhardt as its starting point, (the incredible Django being the most famous of the Manouche tribe of gypsys), and we bring the very, very best players of this and associated styles from around the world to Moseley Park in Birmingham for a weekend of musical magic.
This years gig will be happening over the weekend of the 9th and 10th July - and there is another incredible line up! Confirmed so far - Dotschy Reinhardt, Lollo Meier, Moreno, Dominique Pierard & Benjamin Clement, Les Doigts de l'Homme, John Etheridge, the Rosenberg Trio and more!
There are very few music events that have the heart and soul of this festival - the press have described it as " Two days of absolute heaven", "Difficult to imagine a better weekend", "As perfect as possible!" - I call it a guitarists wet dream of a weekend!
Check out the website at www.lespritmanouche.com for all the info or get back to me if you think I can be of any help.
telephone 0044 (0)121 249 2303
- canal club reopened world top djs there look out for flyers
- Again it's the Civic Janes Addiction to Jamilia they're all there.
- Planet, Civic, Wulfrun, Little Civic
- Little Civic rocks.
- the little civic, the civic and the wulfrun are the only venues about and all host a variety of different music
- little civic acoustic nights are held every tuesday night from 9-late. free entry and some of the best regional acts have performed so far. to book a spot contact direct from www.nikkirous.com or just turn up with your guitar. this night has a nice, relaxed, friendly atmosphere. come and join in.
- I sometimes go into the Bradmore arms which has live music and i like the outdoor gigs in the wolvo parks over the summer
- the civic has loads of good bands playing future line up in next couple of months include less than jake funeral for a friend bands prevously seen include sawdoctors(x3) reef toploader cky one minuites silence
- GENO is da place 2 b rockers!!! its on just about evry month but u'd av 2 chek out da site 2 find out wen exactly. i no sum of da townies go ther (god no's y, i thout they wer in2 chart music!). i'v only bin once but i'm goin agen on fri 4 da aniversary of geno!!!! da music is ace, da peeps r ace n da bar is ace, nuff sed dudes!!!
- varsity used to have some good bands playing upstairs, little civic has some good smaller bands too, and the civic used to get all the good bands before bham cottoned onto the fact that they didnt have a middle sized venue and opened the acadamy
- the varsity is great for live bands, as is the wulfrun/ little civiv
- The civic and the Wulfrun. Nuff said.
05/03/09, 'REVERIE' the best band I've seen in wolves for years! Space echo all over!!! check them out!
- little civic, wulfrun hall, of course the civic...
- civic and wulfun r gettin better. But carling academy in birmingham is better
- Civic Hall/ Wulfrun hall/Varsity
- This is (n't) Final Splat!
The Jamplant Expansion - Revolution Unplugged!
Every Monday night - including skank holiday monday May 26th!
@ Revolution Vodka Bar, Princess Street, Wolverhampton.
an Evening of Music (more of a Soirée really)
Jamplant Expansion and featuring
(plus Love, nice smells and general tomfoolery - an ol' amigo of ours)
Join the Acoustic Eclectic! Free!
Bring your instrument or just your good self
and come and play with us - but turn up
early to avoid dissapointment!
Open mic sessions during the evening.
If you've got rhythm come along and grab
a tambourine! (or some bongos..oo-er..)
P.S. It's getting pretty popular right now, so it might be
a good idea to let us know you want to come and play so..
8 till L8 and it's Free!
Live curiosities brought to you from the wilds of
Bushbury and other really exotic places
No Expense Spared! (cos we had no expenses to spare)
Lots more to follow - new nights planned soon!
an acoustic compilation C.D. of a selection of the
truly wonderful artists that are emerging from this place.
Possibly also a tour and free festival soon too!
Contact Barrie 01902 577824 / 07763415801
- wolverhamton civic hall! theres loads of good bands playing there all the time
- civic hall has had some good bands over the years. skunk anansie a few years back was pretty good. i believe muse were supporting. varsity has a lot of good small bands. met kelly jones of stereophonics fame and oscar harrison from ocean colour scene there. both on the same night as well!
- Civic hall.
- The Civic is a top quality music venue with big name bands playing there on a regular basis it is also well complemented by smaller venues such as the wulfrun and the little civic.
- civic hall
the planet- occasionally
- Civic Hall
The Planet Club, Thornley St. (indie every Fri, goth & rock/punk every Sat)
- little civics good for up and coming bands . Big Civic has some of the best of the big bands and you can get everywhere with your ticket. Even in Local girls pants it seems. oilets are good for shagging
- nowhere plays decent music in wolves.try the birmingham academy.
- The one and only Wolverhampton Civic Hall!
- NOT the Little Civic - this is where the punters pay to get in, the bands play for free and they aren't even allowed to drink their own booze in the dressing room!
- The Little Civic's great when there's something good going on, you can pick up leaflets of forthcoming gigs from the little civic (in the town centre, kinda near the civic hall).
- varsity is grat for up and coming bands and to promote your own my favorite band tangent (remember them cus they will be big ) started life their!! also the little civic is good for unknowen bands aswell
- used to b Kings until they started charging £5
- Civic and Wulfrun Halls. Everybody goes through them at some point.
- Civic, Wulfrun, Little Civic... good bands play there week in week out. Little Civic holds some of the smaller bands if you want to get away from Radio 1.
- Civic Hall, Wulfrun Hall, Little Civic, The Varsity - that's all our venues and mighty fine they all are to.
- Civic Hall, Wulfrun Hall, Varsity...
- Varsity on Stafford st is STILL having bands play upstairs also the upstairs @ Little Civic
(used to be The Tavern)
- The civic hall has probably the worst acoustics in the country. Go and see your fave band there if you're interested in what they would sound like underwater
- No more decent bands at the varsity thanks to the evil men at banks offices. They did not realise that the varsity was one of the best gig venues in the country for up and coming indie bands, and it had the reputation along with it. No more great bands like gomez, idlewild, gorkys, mansun, ultrasound etc...
- civic, wulfrun, jb's, varsity, giffard
- Outta limit club, 5 ways, lwr stafford st. Great night, great bands, you must check this venue out!!
- The Civic - outdated 1950's hall and a good reason for extending WW2 so it could have been bombed
The Wulfrun - evil child of the Civic, i.e. attached to the side of it
- Civic Hall.
- Wulfrun Hall
- Wolverhampton now has a third live music venue - The Varsity in Stafford Street. It first started putting gigs on in Feb 1996 and loads of coolbands have played there since.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: susan barans, ste, Beth, George, Vyki, *AmyC*, phil, martin, Bogdan, sean, Uncle Ruckus, Phil&Kerr, Gandy, ***, Roger, jay jay, Stevie T., J, Rich, Toastie, Rosa, Joel, slimsue, h king, Nicky Smith, danny, jon, Claire, Martin Hinsley, Nick Birch, Ricky Dehaney, ginge, andy p, Julie Robinson, steve lannin, Jak, Jeff, Nel, Natalie, jan, Barriej, chris b, ?????????, Laurz, ben greaves, glynis lofty, Tim Clark, Max Homer, Julie Wall, kait, Ginger Andy, WILF, Zim, Chris W, Gary Thomas, vik, Superman, Ruprecht Sphincter, chris, nicola, EMBERS, jim frensham, Rickthepick, Joyanta De, Andy Paciorek, harry millichamp, Barrie V, suzie, jasmyn green, Max, Graeme Allan, steve kingett, Steven Taylor, m0z, jess, Stu Mc, Mike, Kevin Hogan, hickory deadglove, jerrilove, H, Dave Williams, falcone, pete, valerie, tony, anette, Bina, Wendy, leanne fish, Sheryl, sash, nikki, Danny Allsort, new lad, sky club (silver web), Nyarl, paul hadley, jo, danny fields, marque, ben, mark flynn, pete munslow, Nathan, Michael Beckett, Alison, dominic, Neelam Jhumat, Shaun, kaione rigby, tom jemmett, dj glynnn, Richie Wall, Chris Jay, Mark Lawton, Sinbad, Dave A, joaney, bob marley, Robert Smith, Barry Smethwick, ?????, Zorba, dave_hilliard, E, meta, james, mark, ricky martin, Bobby McToolface, razmataz, StephANIE, rick, Davey Coolen, GD, ikobe wolf girl, Monica, Inga Turner, Phil ?, Steff, TC, Lucy Phillips, Emma, mf, jon buchan, dave, sue thomas, tOM, Chris Pindar, PM from T.O, Joe Williams, laura bould, lofty, B Rizzotto, Jim Shark, Matt Ashmore, Stuart Davies, Selena, jason, Paul, Jingbang, anna, James Peterson, roy, Mark Ramsden, mickeypearce, Stan, Ebo, Liz, A.M, ellie, Laura-Jayne Fuller, Amy, doug, Joana Teixeira, T Boss, claire L newbold, Jon Hopkins, Jennie, Steve Dawson, cheeky monkey bmx, robin, Max Petford, dan, Mike West, Ade, stu, dxjggf, Su, AA SYSTEMS, Clairee, dom giovanni, Emma Lou, sam, Fiona, Tony., kayt, Mr.R. C. Lue, Ryan, generic, fred jr, paul bradley, al crow, George evans, Blue rose, kc, Geri Shakespeare, don mclean, kitty kat, Candice, Dan C, Andy Turner, Simon Fullard, Julian Robinson, andy, Larry "The Dog" Lane, Dave Alexander, Celia Day, Rachel, Matt Smith, sq1, lara, David Belcher, Jaz and fooby, tom Sharpe, Michelle, jamie jenkins, lol, Rob, me of course, lisa, Barrie Jones, badsy, John, sarahmazloom, Stuart, Gavin, Helen Jones, jonny kaszuba, Steve, Earth Beater
Last updated: 2010-01-03
More stuff about Wolverhampton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wolverhampton Knowhere Board