Record Shops in Wolverhampton, West Midlands*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Wolverhampton.
- OMG!!! Just found an amazing record shop ITS FOR YOU at unit 78 Wolverhampton Retail market. Masses of great Vinyl and collectable artwork and memorabilia. Felt really looked after by the owner Claire who is a collector and enthusiast rather than just a seller. Well worth going but be carefull to go in the right shop there is another record seller in the neighbouring stall - But Claires shop is like it was back in the 80's walls covered in rare and affordable pic discs, autographs, prog, metal, punk, pop and much more. Its hard to get in there on a saturday morning as rammed full of buyers and dealers, but she will find time to find out what you are looking for and what she doesn't have she exhausts her dealer contacts to find it. She also has the latest cleaning machine so your purchases look absolutely mint!!
- I miss Ruby Reds.
- ruby red records
- HMV is a good shop.
- probly music zone or hmv
- We always used Ruby Red on clevland Street
- HMV is good, especially with my 10% NUS discount, haha, Music Zone kills the old MVC, some nice £6.97 cds in there. Oldies is also, still, pretty cool.
- The MVC second hand part can have some good finds...but there is also a lot of crap in there.
- Max Millwards
- used to be highway 61 now thats gone either thier website www.highway61.co.uk or birmingham swordfish temple st or tempest or music zone for da cheapness
- It's sad, but HMV. Best selection is Amazon.co.uk. Bring back Mike Lloyd music!
- Antique market on a saturday
- oldies is always good, as is mvc and hmv.
- try ruby red just by dj heaven so you can buy your decks and tunes in one easy go
- hmv is the only place to go it has everythin
- Birmingham, theres this great record shop just off Snowhill, i cant remember the name but they sell loads of new and used records. I always come out of there with a bag load of records includin some rare ones in really good condition.
- i would like to mention that mike lloyds is no longer there and hasnt been for around 3 years. Go to Another world upstairs for your records.
- go to the tempest in birmingham, the best place for music, you cant get fuck all in wton unless you pay ridiculous amounts in hmv
- DJ heaven or Oldies unlimited -nice!!!
- tempest in birmingham. proper tunes.real tunes
- highway 61 queens st
- i usually go to the hmv in the shopping center in wolverhamton! the WOLVES RULE!
- Highway 69 is a cheap music store by the Bus depot in Wolverhampton its got everything! Also Oldies has got sum nice tunes at a nice price.
- Highway 61 is relatively new and it's by the bus station, next to Stars. Can't remember the name of the street though...
- what happened to mike lloyds?????? that was the only decent record shop
- ruby red's - drum and bass!
- Highway 61 and Another World are great for cheap rock and metal CD's. They also sell merchandise such as hoodies and t-shirts.
- Oldies- sells loads of stuff including rare promos e.t.c
HMV- bands occasionally do signing sessions here.
Our price- crappy really!
- Queen Street
- oldies records is a good shop
- Oldies unlimited was the don but now seems to have died a death along with Sanctum. Hoardes of Popper sniffing goths in tow
- Digital Soul underneath Warped Sports shop opposite the back of Marks & Sparks. Not many records stocked in this cool basement, but you can be sure every one is quality
- RubyRed cheep but never have what i want
- Mike Lloyds has been shut for 18 months and there's only another world that really sells rock stuff that Mike Lloyds used to, T-shirts and stuff, no records though.
- Best shop Ruby Reds. Thanks god mike lloyds has closed down as it was full of grebos and freaks.
- Oldies at the moment. They do old vinyl along with new CDs so everyone's happy.
- Since Mike Lloyd's has closed, there's only HMV and Our Price, and MVC.
- Ruby Red's in Cleveland Strret. It's been there yonks, and it's still probably the place to go to get 12 inches ! Also, Oldies Unlimited in Worcester Steet, if you're looking for a tune from your teenage years.
- We travel up from Brighton East Sussex to visit "ST Records " wolverhampton Rd Dudley. I reckon my husband only married me because I came from W'ton and could find his favourite CD shop !!
- Mike Lloyds closed down today, perhaps that will teach them to be overpriced and that they never stocked "NEW RELEASES in the "NEW RELEASES" section. Where on earth will i get my "ooh stick you" cd from now?
Thank god HMV will re open soon
- Mike lloyds used to be the spiritual home of indie music lovers... now it has been refurbished, looks like a drum n bass club and now it really really scares me
- mike lloyds is cool
- Mike Lloyd music - vastly overpriced for an indie shop, but sometimes has a good second hand collection
Ruby Red records - used to be good but crap now, under new management?
- Mike Lloyd's Megastore on Queens Street, does good selection with lots of secondhand. Does T-shirts and tickets for gigs too.Ruby Red Records, Cleveland Street: Hip-Hop etc. Time Machine, by the art gallery: good second-hand.
- There's HMV & Our Price
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: susan barans, ste, Beth, George, Vyki, *AmyC*, phil, martin, Bogdan, sean, Uncle Ruckus, Phil&Kerr, Gandy, ***, Roger, jay jay, Stevie T., J, Rich, Toastie, Rosa, Joel, slimsue, h king, Nicky Smith, danny, jon, Claire, Martin Hinsley, Nick Birch, Ricky Dehaney, ginge, andy p, Julie Robinson, steve lannin, Jak, Jeff, Nel, Natalie, jan, Barriej, chris b, ?????????, Laurz, ben greaves, glynis lofty, Tim Clark, Max Homer, Julie Wall, kait, Ginger Andy, WILF, Zim, Chris W, Gary Thomas, vik, Superman, Ruprecht Sphincter, chris, nicola, EMBERS, jim frensham, Rickthepick, Joyanta De, Andy Paciorek, harry millichamp, Barrie V, suzie, jasmyn green, Max, Graeme Allan, steve kingett, Steven Taylor, m0z, jess, Stu Mc, Mike, Kevin Hogan, hickory deadglove, jerrilove, H, Dave Williams, falcone, pete, valerie, tony, anette, Bina, Wendy, leanne fish, Sheryl, sash, nikki, Danny Allsort, new lad, sky club (silver web), Nyarl, paul hadley, jo, danny fields, marque, ben, mark flynn, pete munslow, Nathan, Michael Beckett, Alison, dominic, Neelam Jhumat, Shaun, kaione rigby, tom jemmett, dj glynnn, Richie Wall, Chris Jay, Mark Lawton, Sinbad, Dave A, joaney, bob marley, Robert Smith, Barry Smethwick, ?????, Zorba, dave_hilliard, E, meta, james, mark, ricky martin, Bobby McToolface, razmataz, StephANIE, rick, Davey Coolen, GD, ikobe wolf girl, Monica, Inga Turner, Phil ?, Steff, TC, Lucy Phillips, Emma, mf, jon buchan, dave, sue thomas, tOM, Chris Pindar, PM from T.O, Joe Williams, laura bould, lofty, B Rizzotto, Jim Shark, Matt Ashmore, Stuart Davies, Selena, jason, Paul, Jingbang, anna, James Peterson, roy, Mark Ramsden, mickeypearce, Stan, Ebo, Liz, A.M, ellie, Laura-Jayne Fuller, Amy, doug, Joana Teixeira, T Boss, claire L newbold, Jon Hopkins, Jennie, Steve Dawson, cheeky monkey bmx, robin, Max Petford, dan, Mike West, Ade, stu, dxjggf, Su, AA SYSTEMS, Clairee, dom giovanni, Emma Lou, sam, Fiona, Tony., kayt, Mr.R. C. Lue, Ryan, generic, fred jr, paul bradley, al crow, George evans, Blue rose, kc, Geri Shakespeare, don mclean, kitty kat, Candice, Dan C, Andy Turner, Simon Fullard, Julian Robinson, andy, Larry "The Dog" Lane, Dave Alexander, Celia Day, Rachel, Matt Smith, sq1, lara, David Belcher, Jaz and fooby, tom Sharpe, Michelle, jamie jenkins, lol, Rob, me of course, lisa, Barrie Jones, badsy, John, sarahmazloom, Stuart, Gavin, Helen Jones, jonny kaszuba, Steve, Earth Beater
Last updated: 2012-02-12
More stuff about Wolverhampton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Wolverhampton Knowhere Board