Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Woodley, Berkshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Woodley.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Felix Bowness of Hi-De-Hi fame. Is he still around?
- Th jockey from Hi-De-Hi and tight head prop for Scotland a number of years ago. The late Brian Jones also went out with a lady close to the chapel. See next panel.
- Chris Barrie (Red Dwarf, Brittas) went to Charvil once (which is near Woodley)
- Chris Tarrant used to live here as a little boy. I've spotted Paul Daniels in the precinct (unfortunately didn't disappear) Apparantly the man that invented the fountain pen lived here. (that's impressed you hasn't it)
- Paul Daniels has been seen here (now that's magic), Douglas Bader lost his legs here (now that's tragic) Apparently Brian Jones (Rolling Stones) had a girlfriend that lived here, Robert Palmer's aunty used to live here. Felix Bowness (hi de hi) and Dad's Army filmed a public information film about using zebra crossings here!!!
- Mick Jagger had his hair cut here once (a fact!)
Paul Young was seen walking down Butts Hill Road.
Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie Magee have done their shopping in Waitrose.
Felix Bowness (jockey from Hi De Hi) is our real megastar.
Chris Tarrant lived here when he was young.
The list goes on you know.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: udhjdh, tim, brendon jones, Sam Sutton, tim stanfield, Sarah, richard, brian, Lawrence Piddock, lynn smith, mike, Andy Gascoine, Penny Griffin, jack, Alan Sears, Moo, bev, Chris Hyatt, Lola, Steve Ray, generic, DONNA
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Woodley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Woodley Knowhere Board