Cheap Food in Woodley, Berkshire*
Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Woodley.
- The Red Rose, the only restaurant left but still good.
- tesco xpress
- Peppers is no longer. they've renamed themselves to Annas. It's Okay but not fantastic. The food is eclectic but no longer Indian.
- Fishers. Nice fish'n'chips. Nice people working there. Seems nicely organised. Bit of a queue there sometimes, and I'm not surprised. If there were a nice pub nearby it would be worth having a pint while waiting for the order to be cooked. There isn't, so a walk around the precinct has to suffice.
- I beg to disagree, insomuch that Peppers is superior to the Red Rose. Peppers does mussels in coriandar sauce and an ostrich curry. Admittedly when the Red Rose was set up from the world beating Tarka's Annapurna it was superb.
- Red Rose - great curries and they deliver
Juberaj - not as nice curries and they don't deliver
At Yans - good chinese - don't deliver
Don't go to the 2 chippies in the precinct
- The new one in the plaza, Peppers restraunt is good, but for a great curry go to the red rose.
- There are now TWO yes TWO restraunts in this hell hole! The new one is Pepper's curry house and is in the Shopping Plaza. It's reasonably priced and o.K, however the Red Rose is a lot better.
- Takeaways - 2 chippies in the Precinct - 1 real f&C - alright (nothing to write home about though) and 1 F&C and chinese in one which I'd avoid if I were you. Have had food poisoning from there a couple of times (along with everyone I know)
Red Rose is lovely curry house - well worth visiting - much better than any curry house in Reading or Wokingham.
Juberaj curry takeaway - don't know if still going but they're ok too.
At Yans in Brecon Road - new very good.
At Wans down Coppice Road - very good too.
All pale into comparison with Dragon Inn - in Winnersh - REAL Chinese food (more expensive, but well worth it!)
- We have one (yes one) restaurant. The Red Rose Indian Restaurant. But it's fabulous. Beats most of the restaurants in Reading hands down. Have taken most of my friends there and they rave about it. An undiscovered gem.
- Waitrose of course.
The Red Rose curry house. The ONLY restaurant in Woodley - and it's fab.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: udhjdh, tim, brendon jones, Sam Sutton, tim stanfield, Sarah, richard, brian, Lawrence Piddock, lynn smith, mike, Andy Gascoine, Penny Griffin, jack, Alan Sears, Moo, bev, Chris Hyatt, Lola, Steve Ray, generic, DONNA
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Woodley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Woodley Knowhere Board