Cafes and Coffee Shops in Woodley, Berkshire*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Woodley.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Costa Coffee opened recently and although its more expensive, the coffee is much nicer than Pandilla's - which is always a bit weak and watery. However Pandilla's do the better food selection! BTW, Contrary to what they offer you in Costa, they do sell small drinks as well!!!
- COSTA CAFE the best place in woodley for coffe COFFE CLUB!!!!!!!1
- We have only dared to peer through the window of the Sneezers Oven, having read the other comments on this site. That leaves Cafe Pandilla as the only place for coffee. The cake selection is uninspired, the coffees are dull-tasting, and the staff look as though they should be at school. What's needed in Woodley is a nice, old-fashioned, tea-shop where the staff at least understand basic hygiene and how to make decent tea and coffee.
- I thought I was the only one who had seen the assistants in Bakers Oven sneeze on the food (they also cough on the food too - fact fans!) The cafe opposite is ten million times better (although very expensive!)
- Ahhhh - Bakers Oven. This place always has a queue outside it - very reminiscent of Russia or Eastern Europe. This would suggest that the place is popular. But from what I've seen I don't understand why. I have actually seen an assistant sneeze onto the cake she was picking up and STILL gave it to the customer (who quite happily accepted it) I mean AARRRGH!!!
The cafe opposite it seems ok and has been recently refitted. Looks like they're going for a Central Perk from Friends type look (and failing) but would still rather go there than Sneezer's Oven.
- We have two.
1. Bakers Oven - bakers (funnily enough) staffed by very odd looking women who really shouldn't be allowed to touch food.
2. Cafe (can never remember the name of it) which is opposite. Cafe is now very good. Heartily recommended.
- WOODLEY NOW HAS A COFFEE SHOP!! It's called Cafe Pandilla (or something) next to Oxfam (across the road from Waitrose.) Everyone who works in there is called Shirley or Sheila etc.
The Bakers Oven - the most sullen women in the planet work here - they go on a special course apparently. They sneeze on the food (and don't charge extra which is nice of them)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: udhjdh, tim, brendon jones, Sam Sutton, tim stanfield, Sarah, richard, brian, Lawrence Piddock, lynn smith, mike, Andy Gascoine, Penny Griffin, jack, Alan Sears, Moo, bev, Chris Hyatt, Lola, Steve Ray, generic, DONNA
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Woodley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Woodley Knowhere Board