Buskers, Street Entertainers in Woodley, Berkshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Woodley.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- Is there still a Town Cryer?
- Perhap its worth looking up the Johns; 'the clown', 'the carpet', 'London John', 'the poison dwarf'. I live in Worthing now and am no longer eligible.
- We had two labour mps playing ping pong in the precinct during the 2001 general election - got a huge crowd (seven people - four of them working for the mps!) And about once a year we get a prat from 210 giving out ballons and thinking he's a huge celebrity. He doesn't realise we've got Felix Bowness and we're used to A list here.
- Drunk blokes after being thrown out of the pub usally sing the hits in the shopping area!
- Woodley - busking? Sorry I've only just stopped laughing. If Robbie Williams sang in Woodley Precinct backed up by Britney Spears, Ricky Martin and ALL of Westlife (even with their chunky jumpers and on stools) they'd be ignored. That's a personal guarantee. People go to Woodley precinct so that they don't have to go to Reading and try and be in and out as quickly as possible.
- Mission Woodley - they pop a tent in Woodford park and sing christian songs at you. Probably a good day to stay in.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: udhjdh, tim, brendon jones, Sam Sutton, tim stanfield, Sarah, richard, brian, Lawrence Piddock, lynn smith, mike, Andy Gascoine, Penny Griffin, jack, Alan Sears, Moo, bev, Chris Hyatt, Lola, Steve Ray, generic, DONNA
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Woodley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Woodley Knowhere Board